MS Color Magic
Color Magic in Kiel in 2007
|Port of registry:||Oslo, Norway|
|Ordered:||27 May 2005|
|Builder:||Aker Finnyards, Turku, Finland (hull)
Aker Finnyards, Rauma, Finland (outfitting)
|Laid down:||8 August 2006|
|Launched:||15 December 2006|
|Christened:||15 September 2007|
|Acquired:||6 September 2007|
|In service:||17 September 2007|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9349863|
|Length:||224 m (734 ft)|
|Beam:||35 m (115 ft)|
|Draught:||6.80 m (22.3 ft)|
|Propulsion:||4 × Wärtsilä 8L46B
31,200 kW (combined)
|Speed:||22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
2,700 passenger beds
|Notes:||Sister ship to Color Fantasy|
MS Color Magic is a cruiseferry owned and operated by the Norway-based shipping company Color Line on their route connecting Oslo, Norway to Kiel, Germany. She was built by Aker Finnyards, Rauma, Finland in 2007. The Color Magic is the largest cruiseferry in the world.
The Color Magic is a sister vessel of MS Color Fantasy, delivered to Color Line in 2004. The ship has over 1000 cabins and 54 suites. Unlike her sister, the Color Magic was built at Aker Finnyards' Rauma shipyard, whereas the Color Fantasy was built in Turku. The Color Magic has 89 additional cabins compared to the Color Fantasy, as well as larger conference facilities than her sister. Therefore the Color Magic is slightly larger in terms of gross tonnage.
- (Swedish) MS Color Magic (2007) at Fakta om Fartyg, retrieved 13. 9. 2007
- (Norwegian) Color Line website : Color Magic - Fakta, retrieved 13. 9. 2007
- New delivery - Star. Ferry Technology, June/July 2007. Retrieved on 2012-08-13.
- Official launch of Color Magic in Kiel. Businessland, December 2007. Retrieved on 2012-08-13.
- (Norwegian) VG: Her er nye Color Magic, retrieved 6. 9. 2007
Media related to MS Color Magic at Wikimedia Commons
- (Norwegian) Color Line website for MS Color Magic
|This ferry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
MS Color Fantasy
|World's Largest Cruiseferry