MS Deutschland on Elbe river in 2012 with Summer Olympics signage
(1998 - until 19.05.2015)
|Owner:||Peter Deilmann Reederei ?  → ms 'Deutschland' Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH 
Absolute Nevada, Las Vegas (since 2015)
|Operator:||Peter Deilmann Reederei
Semester at Sea (since 19.05.2015)
|Port of registry:|| Neustadt in Holstein, Germany
|Builder:||Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft, Kiel, Germany|
|Launched:||January 16, 1998|
|Christened:||May 11, 1998|
|Acquired:||May 11, 1998|
|Maiden voyage:||May 11, 1998|
|In service:||May 16, 1998|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9141807
MMSI number 211274670
|Status:||Laid Up in Gibraltar|
|General characteristics |
|Length:||175.30 m (575 ft 2 in)|
|Beam:||23 m (75 ft 6 in)|
|Draught:||5.79 m (19 ft 0 in)|
|Decks:||10 (7 passenger accessible)|
|Installed power:||2 × MaK-DMR 8M32
2 × MaK-DMR 6M32
12,320 kW (combined)
|Speed:||20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph)|
|Capacity:||520 passengers (as built 1998)|
MS Deutschland is a German-registered cruise ship owned and operated by Peter Deilmann Cruises. She is decorated in the Art Deco style made famous by such classic ocean liners as the SS Ile de France and SS Normandie. The Deutschland was launched in 1998. She carries 513 passengers and 260 crew members. She has a gross tonnage of 22,400 and has seven passenger accessible decks.
Air France Flight 4590, a New York City-bound Concorde charter flight carrying passengers for the Deutschland for a 16-day cruise to South America, crashed on takeoff in Paris in 2000 without survivors.
On May 23, 2010 when the ship was at quay in Eidfjord in Norway it was reported that a fire had broken out in the engine room. The 608 passengers were evacuated and the fire in the ship was isolated to a limited area of the ship because of fire doors.
On May 19, 2015 the "Deutschland" was handed over to the new American owners, the Absolute Nevada, which bought the ship for about $ 21 million, which also took over about half of the crew, some 20 people. First the ship is to serve as Hotel ship for Swiss engineers working on the Suez Canal Extension before becoming a floating university for the American Organisation "Semester at Sea" and flagged Bahamas, Nassau. Second the ship would get a new name after refit in a northern Europe Yard, with new painting and new cabins.
- MS Deutschland (German)
- Pictures of the MS Deutschland
- Peter Deilmann Cruises
- Video of MS Deutschland transiting Cape Cod Canal
- Asklander, Micke. "M/S Deutschland (1998)". Fakta om Fartyg (in Swedish). Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- Lloyd Register Vessel Status - 9141807
- "Vessel details DEUTSCHLAND (passenger ship)". Digital-Seas.com. Retrieved 2010-05-25.: Current position, data, and photos of M/S Deutschland
- "MS Deutschland deck plan". Peter Deilmann Cruises. Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- "Air France crash". CBS News. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Concorde Crash". The Canadian Encyclopedia from Maclean's Magazine. August 7, 2000. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Startschuss für London 2012" [Starting shot for London 2012] (in German). Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund. March 14, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-256. Check date values in:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MS Deutschland.|
|This article about a specific cruise ship is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|