MS Eurodam in San Juan, Puerto Rico on January 9th, 2013.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Holland America Line|
|Port of registry:||Netherlands, Rotterdam|
|Laid down:||February 9, 2007|
|Launched:||September 28 2007|
|Christened:||1 July 2008
by Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
|Completed:||June 16 2008|
|Maiden voyage:||July 5 2008|
IMO number: 9378448
|Class & type:||Signature class cruise ship|
|Length:||935 ft (285.0 m)|
|Beam:||105.8 ft (32.2 m)|
|Draft:||8 m (26 ft)|
|Decks:||11 passenger decks|
|Installed power:||MaK M43C diesel engines
64,000 kW (combined)
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric with ABB Azipods|
|Speed:||23.9 knots (44.3 km/h; 27.5 mph) (max)
(22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph) (service)
MS Eurodam is a Signature class cruise ship for Holland America Line. Following a christening ceremony by Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands on 1 July 2008. she entered service on July 5 2008 on her maiden voyage from Copenhagen. Eurodam is the 80th ship to enter Holland America's service and, at 86,700 tons and carrying 2,104 passengers, she is the largest Holland America ship to date, along with her new sister MS Nieuw Amsterdam. She also has dynamic positioning abilities using three 1.9 MW bow thrusters and two 17.6 MW aft mounted Azipods. Total electrical power generation is 64 MW by six diesel generators.
In April and May, the ship operates in the Mediterranean and in Western Europe. From May to August, the ship visits the Baltic, Norway and the British Isles before Eurodam is going to Canada and New England in September and October. From late October to early April the ship goes on Caribbean cruises.
On 4 April 2011, the Eurodam was put into drydock for ten days in Freeport, Bahamas for the first time since construction in 2008. During this time the ship had new paint applied to the hull, the thrusters, azipods, stabilizers and hull fittings were serviced, and new teak decking was installed on the Lido deck.
The Eurodam has ten cabins with floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows. Eighty-six percent of the cabins are on the outside, and 67% have balconies. In contrast to Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam features juliet balconies in its Deck 11 "VT" class staterooms. Throughout the ship are touchscreens with navigation information for passengers.
On board the vessel are five dining rooms, including The Pinnacle Grill in partnership with Le Cirque. Exclusive to the Signature ships are the pan- Asian themed restaurant, Tamarind, and the African-themed Explorer's Bar. The main atrium features artwork designed by Vincent Jansen and throughout the ship are reproductions of famous Dutch artists. The mainstage and theater seat 890 in the audience.
- "launch of MS Eurodam". Holland America Lines.
- "List of MS Eurodam milestones". Holland America Lines.
- "Queen Beatrix to name Eurodam". Cruise Business Review. Cruise Media Oy Ltd. 2008-03-12. Retrieved 2008-03-12.[dead link]
- "List of MS Eurodam stats". Holland America Lines.
- "MS Eurodam". Holland America Line.
- "Captains Log - Eurodam Azipods". 2008-11-13. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Cruises to Alaska, Europe, the Caribbean, Mexico and the world on Holland America, one of the best cruise lines:". Holland America Line. 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- Captain Darin Bowland (2011-04-04). "Captains Log - Eurodam in dry dock at Granda Bahama shipyard". Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- Captain Darin Bowland (2011-04-12). "Captains Log - Final Hull Inspection". Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- Captain Darin Bowland (2011-04-08). "Captains Log - More photos of Eurodam in dry dock". Retrieved 2011-07-10.
- "Holland America Eurodam!". cruisereport.com. 2008-07. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Holland America Line partners with legendary Le Cirque restaurant". Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Holland America - Onboard our ships - Dining". Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Art on Holland America Line’s ms Nieuw Amsterdam Celebrates New York’s Dutch Heritage" (Press release). 2010-06-24. Retrieved 2011-07-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: MS Eurodam|