Oriental Dragon as Omar III.
|Name:||Oriental Dragon (2011–2013)
Long Jie (2007–2011)
Omar III (2003–2007)
Hyundai Pongnae (1998-2001)
Superstar Sagittarius (1998)
Sun Viking (1972–1998)
|Owner:||Capital Dragon Global Holding|
|Port of registry:||1972–1998: Oslo, Norway
1998–2013: Panama City, Panama
|Builder:||Oy Wärtsilä Ab Helsinki Finland|
|Identification:||Call sign: 3FDZ8
IMO number: 7125861
MMSI number: 353669000
|Length:||171.69 m (563.29 ft)|
|Beam:||24 m (78.74 ft)|
|Speed:||21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph)|
|Capacity:||882 (lower berths)|
Sun Viking was one of the three original ships ordered by then Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, as part of their early fleet, and was put into service in the year 1972. Along with her sister ships, the Song of Norway and Nordic Prince, the class comprised the first purpose built ships intended for Caribbean based, cruise travel. The Sun Viking cruised the Mexican Riviera on a 7 day itinerary out of L.A. in the early 1990s. Along with her sister ships, the Sun Viking was retired in the latter 1990s, but remains in service with other cruise lines.
In 1998 the Sun Viking was sold to Star Cruises and renamed SuperStar Sagittarius. She was later renamed Hyundai Pongnae in 2003, sailing for the Hyundai Merchant Marine Company, before being renamed Omar III for Asia Cruises.
The ship was renamed Long Jie in 2007. The Long Jie was put up for sale on June 10, 2010. After being dry docked in Singapore, the Long Jie was transformed into the Oriental Dragon and left Singapore for the last time on 24 March 2011 bound for Guangzhou, China.
- "Oriental Dragon (7125861)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. http://www.equasis.org/EquasisWeb/restricted/ShipList?fs=ShipSearch&P_PAGE=1&P_IMO=7125861. Retrieved 2012-Apr-28.(registration required)
- Professional photographs from shipspotting.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IMO 7125861.|
- "Oriental Dragon (7125861)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. http://www.equasis.org/EquasisWeb/restricted/ShipList?fs=ShipSearch&P_PAGE=1&P_IMO=7125861. Retrieved 2013-Apr-06.(registration required)
- "LONG JIE". Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- Asklander, Micke. "M/V VIKING SUN.". Fakta om Fartyg. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Long Jie".
- Beneath Crown and Anchor, a History of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines First 25 Years. [Maxtone Ghram]
|This article about a specific cruise ship is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|