MS Swaminathan Research Foundation
The M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF) is a non-profit NGO trust based in Chennai, India. It develops and promotes strategies for economic growth that directly target increased employment of poor women in rural areas. Their methods maximize the use of science and technology for equitable and sustainable social development and environmental stability. The MSSRF logo signifies continuity and change, invoking the DNA model of open-ended, many-sided, and continuous evolution.
MSSRF was founded in 1988 by Dr. M. S. Swaminathan, who is chairman of the foundation. In 1970, C.V. Raman, the Nobel Prize–winning physicist, urged Swaminathan to start an autonomous research center to realize his goals of sustainable development, which he now terms the "Evergreen Revolution". In 1988, after receiving the World Food Prize, Swaminathan used the US$200,000 prize to start the MSSRF. Swaminathan also currently holds the UNESCO Chair in Ecotechnology and is chairman of the National Commission on Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security of India.
- Prof MS Swaminathan's Inspiring Talk on Biotechnology and Food Security at BITS Pilani Rajasthan
- Green Revolution Champion Prof MS Swaminathan at BITS Pilani
- Proud to be an Indian Prof MS Swaminathan lectures at BITS Pilani ...
- Prof M S Swaminathan Talk on Biotechnology and Food Security at BITS Pilani Rajasthan
- Evergreen Prof MS Swaminathan lectures at BITS Pilani Rajasthan
- Evergreen Prof MS Swaminathan speech at BITS Pilani Rajasthan
- BITS Pilani Rajasthan Prof V Lakshminarayanan Memorial Lecture 2007 – Curtain Raiser
- Prof V Lakshminarayanan Memorial Lecture 2007 at BITS Pilani Rajasthan – Curtain Raiser
- Curtain Raiser: Prof V Lakshminarayanan Memorial Lecture 2007 at BITS Pilani Rajasthan