MS Vision of the Seas
The Vision of the Seas at Cabo San Lucas in 2006
|Name:||Vision of the Seas|
|Operator:||Royal Caribbean International|
|Port of registry:||Monrovia, Liberia 1998–2002
Nassau, Bahamas 2002–Present
|Builder:||Chantiers de l'Atlantique
|Laid down:||29 October 1996|
|Launched:||1 September 1997|
|Completed:||15 April 1998|
|Maiden voyage:||2 May 1998|
|In service:||2 May 1998|
|Identification:||Call sign: C6SE8
DNV ID: 19121
IMO number: 9116876
MMSI number: 311321000
|Class & type:||Vision-class cruise ship|
|Length:||279.0 m (915.4 ft)|
|Beam:||35.6 m (117 ft)|
|Draught:||7.77 m (25.5 ft)|
|Speed:||22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
MS Vision of the Seas is a Vision-class cruise ship operated by Royal Caribbean International, the last of her class. Her maiden voyage was on May 2, 1998, following which she sailed for a year in Europe before being moved to other routes.
In 2013, Vision of the Seas received a dry dock refit which added additional staterooms, an outdoor movie screen in the pool area, a steakhouse, an Italian restaurant, a sushi restaurant, a cafe eatery, digital signage, Wi-Fi internet access, flat screen televisions in rooms, digital signage throughout the ship, a concierge lounge and a nursery for children 6 to 36 months of age.
In the summer, Vision of the Seas is based in Northern European ports such as Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm and sails to Norway, the Baltic Sea or the British Isles. During the fall the ship sails over the Atlantic ocean for the winter season and sails long Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale (2012-2013) or 7 day cruises from Colón, Panama (2013-2014).
The cruise ship has a deadweight tonnage of 6,300 tons and a gross tonnage of 78,491. Vision of the Seas has length of 279 metres (915 ft) and beam of 32.2 metres (106 ft). Vision of the Seas was launched in 1998. The draft of the vessel is 7.63 metres (25.0 ft). The cruise ship has 10 passenger decks and capacity for 2,416 guests. Vision of the Seas has a crew of 765.
- Rock-climbing wall
- Themed bars and lounges, including a Champagne bar, a 1960s themed bar, and the Viking Crown, a bar and lounge overlooking the ship
- Casino Royale, which is open whenever the ship is within clearance limits from land
- Broadway-style entertainment
- Open Atrium (called the Centrum) featuring Centrum experience with enriching daytime activities, dazzling nightly entertainment and jaw-dropping aerial spectacles
- Indoor/outdoor pool in a Solarium with a sliding roof, which is open to guests age 16 and over.
- Saltwater Outdoor pool
- Outdoor movie screen
- 6 whirlpools, 2 indoor, 4 outdoor
- Youth facilities, including Adventure Ocean for kids, Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, and FantaSeas arcade and teen lounge
- Day Spa and Fitness Center
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vision of the Seas (ship, 1998).|