From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Finnish commercial terrestrial television station, see MTV3.
|Launched||September 18, 2005|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
|Audience share||0.5% (2011, )|
MTV Finland is a general entertainment channel broadcasting to the Finnish speaking market. The channel replaced MTV Nordic on September 18, 2005.
- MTV Finland launched in September 2005 along with MTV Sweden and MTV Norge. Before the start of country-specific channels, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland had been served by a common channel called MTV Nordic, launched on June 5, 1998 which replaced the MTV Europe feed.
- MTV Finland's offices are based at MTV Networks International's Nordic offices in Stockholm with a local office in Helsinki. The channel is broadcast from the MTV Networks Europe headquarters in London and Warsaw.
- During the days of MTV Nordic, languages other than English were rarely spoken on MTV in Finland. With the start of MTV Finland, several Finnish language programmes were produced for example MTV News, Axl Meets, MTV Festival Report and Headbangers Ball. All hosted by MTV VJ Axl Smith.
- Since the mid-2000s MTV Finland shares a similar schedule to its other European counterparts featuring mainly reality based content from MTV US and very few music videos.
- Since 2009, MTV Finland's localized content has been reduced this is seen both on-air and on-line. Its website musictelevision.fi is entirely in English where previously it was available in Finnish. All programming is in English with Finnish subtitles, with exception to local produced programming and local advertising. Both MTV Norge and MTV Finland share the same content and schedule.
- "Results From The TV Audience Measurement". Finnpanel. Retrieved 14 July 2012.