MTV Music main page as of 30th October, 2008.
|Type of site||Music/video sharing website|
|Owner||MTV Networks (Viacom)|
|Launched||October 28, 2008|
MTV Music (also known as MTVM, or TV) was a video/music sharing website launched on October 28, 2008 by MTV. The website offers a large collection of music videos that date back to the early 1980s. The library includes more than 16,000 videos. According to Alexa as of 30 October 2008 in the two days from launch the site had over 75,000 hits.
As of January 2012, MTV Music in the United States has now merged with MTV's other music on-demand website 'MTV Hive'. MTV Hive will now serve as MTV's online music video portal and editorial mouthpiece for indie genres.
 Logos/Icons on MTV Music
The following is a list of the logos and icons used on the MTV Music website in alphabetical order.
- a-ha - "Take On Me"
- Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
- Britney Spears - "...Baby One More Time"
- The Buggles - "Video Killed The Radio Star"
- Dire Straits - "Money for Nothing"
- Guns 'N Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle"
- Lil Jon - "Get Low"
- Madonna - "Vogue"Channel 5 (UK)
- Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
- Michael Jackson - "Thriller"
- Nine Inch Nails - "Closer"
- Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- Run-DMC - "Walk This Way"
- "MTV smacks YouTube". Arstechnica.com. 2008-10-29.
- "Splash page - MTV Launches MTVMusic.com — Watch ‘Batdance’ Anytime You Like!". Splashpage.mtv.com. 2008-10-30.
- "Alexa stats for MTVMusic.com". Alexa.com. 2008-10-30.
|This entertainment website–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|