|Type of site||Music news and music video portal|
|Alexa rank|| 53,081 (US, April 2014[update])
155,911 (Global, April 2014[update])
MTV Music main page as of 30th October, 2008.
|Type of site||Former music/video sharing website|
|Owner||MTV Networks (Viacom)|
|Launched||October 28, 2008|
|Alexa rank||7,973,780 (April 2014[update])|
MTV Hive is MTV's online music video portal and its editorial mouthpiece for coverage of indie music genres, providing music news and music on-demand. It is the successor to the former MTV Music website in the United States, which was merged into MTV Hive as of January 2012.
The MTV Music website offered a large collection of music videos that dated back to the early 1980s. The library included more than 16,000 videos. According to Alexa as of October 30, 2008, in the two days from launch the site had over 75,000 hits.
The following is a list of the logos and icons used on the MTV Music website in alphabetical order.
- a-ha - "Take On Me"
- Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
- Britney Spears - "...Baby One More Time"
- The Buggles - "Video Killed The Radio Star"
- Dire Straits - "Money for Nothing"
- Guns 'N Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle"
- Lil Jon - "Get Low"
- Madonna - "Vogue"Channel 5 (UK)
- Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
- Michael Jackson - "Thriller"
- Nine Inch Nails - "Closer"
- Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- Run-DMC - "Walk This Way"
- "MTVHive.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Mtvmusic.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "MTV smacks YouTube". Arstechnica.com. 2008-10-29.
- "Splash page - MTV Launches MTVMusic.com — Watch ‘Batdance’ Anytime You Like!". Splashpage.mtv.com. 2008-10-30.
- "Alexa stats for MTVMusic.com". Alexa.com. 2008-10-30.
|This entertainment website–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|