|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Studio album by Lost Dogs|
|Label||Fools of the World
|Producer||Terry Scott Taylor
|Lost Dogs chronology|
For this record, the band decided to take songs - 3 songs each - from each of their regular bands and redo them Lost Dogs style. Roe brought The 77s songs "It's So Sad" (from 1983's Ping Pong Over the Abyss) and "The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes and the Pride of Life" (from 1984's The 77s) and his own solo track "Sunshine Down" (from 2001's Say Your Prayers). Daugherty brought along the Choir songs, "Like A Cloud" (from 1994's Speckled Bird) and "To Cover You" (from 1987's Wide Eyed Wonder), plus the modern hymn "Beautiful Scandalous Night." Taylor brought the Daniel Amos songs "If You Want To" (from 1991's Kalhoun), "Grace Is The Smell of Rain" (from 1993's MotorCycle) and, the first song D.A. ever recorded, "'Aint Gonna Fight It." The trio then added one new track to the end of the record, "I'm Setting You Free (But I'm Not Letting You Go)."
Instead of simply recreating the original performances, each song was given a facelift with different singers taking over the lead vocals. For example, Roe & Daugherty would tackle the D.A songs, and Taylor and Daugherty would sing the 77s tracks. The song that perhaps received the most noticeable rearrangement was the 77's "It's So Sad," which was turned into a rockabilly tune.
- "If You Want To" (Taylor)
- "The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes and the Pride of Life" (Roe)
- "Like A Cloud" (Hindalong/Daugherty)
- "Grace Is The Smell Of Rain" (Taylor/Chamberlain)
- "Sunshine Down" (Roe)
- "To Cover You" (Hindalong/Daugherty)
- "It's So Sad" (Proctor)
- "'Aint Gonna Fight It" (Taylor)
- "Beautiful Scandalous Night" (Hindalong/Daugherty)
- "I'm Setting You Free (But I'm Not Letting You Go)" (Taylor/Hindalong)
- Terry Scott Taylor on Vocals, Guitar.
- Derri Daugherty on Vocals, Guitar, Bass.
- Mike Roe on Vocals, Guitar.
- Steve Hindalong on Percussion, Glockenspiel, Thumb Piano, Energy Chime.
- Tim Chandler played Bass.
- Matt Slocum played the Cello.
- Recorded and mixed by Derri Daugherty at Neverland Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Mastered by Ralph Stover @ Dirtboy, Orangevale, California.
- Art Direction by the Lost Dogs.
- Design & Layout by Brian Heydn.
- Released by Jeffrey K. for Lo-Fidelity Records