From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up MV, mv, Mv, mV, or .mv in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
MV is an abbreviation used in several contexts.
- Martha's Vineyard, an island located south of Cape Cod in Massachusetts
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, a German state at the Baltic Sea, often abbreviated MV
- MV, the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code for the Republic of Maldives
In science and technology:
- mv, a unix command
- MV, the abbreviation for megavolt, or 1,000,000 volts, a measure of electrical potential
- Mv, the former chemical symbol for Mendelevium
- mV, millivolt: 1/1,000 of a volt, a measure of electrical potential
- mv, abbreviation for momentum in physics
- Mv, Malvidin, an anthocyanidin
- .mv, top level domain country code for the Republic of Maldives
- Minute volume, the volume of air that can be inhaled or exhaled in one minute
- Materialized view, a database object that contains the results of a query
- Mitral valve, a valve in the heart connecting the left atrium and left ventricle
- Music video, a production which combines a piece of music and video clips for artistic purposes.
- MV, the IATA code for Armenian International Airways
- MV, the reporting remark for Midland Valley Railroad
- Motor Vessel, a motorized ship; used as a prefix for ship names
- MV Agusta, a motorcycle manufacturer Cascina Costa, Italy
- Millennium Volunteers, a former UK government initiative
- Market value, the price at which an asset would trade in a competitive auction setting
- Museum Victoria, an organization which operates three major state-owned museums in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- mv is a Unix command that moves one or more files or directories from one place to another.
- MV, Roman numeral expression for 1005
- "Moist Vagina", a song by grunge band Nirvana; often abbreviated MV
- Sir M Visvesvaraya, Indian engineer, and statesman
- Miss Venezuela, beauty pageant for Venezuelan women
- Minnesota Vikings
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.