||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2009)|
MV Armorique berthed at Saint Malo, March 2012
|Port of registry:||Morlaix, France|
|Builder:||STX Europe Helsinki New Shipyard, Finland|
|Cost:||£81 million (€110 million)|
|Laid down:||14 March 2008|
|Launched:||10 August 2008|
|Completed:||28 January 2009|
|Maiden voyage:||10 February 2009|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9364980|
|Length:||168 m (551 ft)|
|Beam:||26.8 m (87.9 ft)|
|Speed:||25 kn (46 km/h) |
65 freight vehicles
The MV Armorique is a passenger and freight ferry built for Brittany Ferries by STX Europe in Finland at a cost of £81 million (€110 million). The vessel was delivered to Brittany Ferries on 26 January 2009, it was originally planned for her to be delivered in September 2008. Armorique is named after a national park of outstanding beauty in western Brittany. Armorique was also the name of a previous Brittany Ferries vessel purchased for service between Portsmouth and St Malo in 1975 and sold in 1993.
Her maiden voyage was due to be on 10 February 2009 at 15.00hrs, sailing from Roscoff to Plymouth. However, due to severe weather conditions, this crossing was cancelled, and she sailed to Plymouth without passengers. The overnight crossing from Plymouth on 10 February went ahead, making this her maiden voyage.
- Poole-Cherbourg February/March 2010
- Portsmouth-Caen (Ouistreham) March 2010/January 2011/January 2012/January 2013/October 2014/November 2014/December 2014/September 2015/October 2015/November 2015
- Portsmouth-St Malo November 2010/Winter 2011-2012/Winter 2012-2013 and March 2014/January 2015/February 2015/March 2015
- Plymouth-St Malo Winter 2011-2012/Winter 2012-2013/January 2015/February 2015/March 2015
- Plymouth-Santander March 2014 - to cover Failed Pont Aven
- Portsmouth-Santander March 2014 - to cover Failed Pont Aven
Armorique is identical to the Cotentin from keel to deck five. The first deck of passenger space is on deck six rather than deck 7 as on the Cotentin.
Initial artist impressions from Aker Yards showed a vessel that shared a number of similarities to the Cotentin. However, Brittany Ferries released an altered artist's impression of the Armorique in December. Revisions include a design change to the funnel and upper cabin deck along with alterations to the proposed livery.
Pictures released by Brittany Ferries show the ship will have double deck vehicle access at the bow and stern to decks 3 and 5 though while on her usual route loading of deck 5 will be via an internal ramp due to lack of double deck facilities at Plymouth or Roscoff. The stern door will be narrower than the one fitted to the Cotentin.
- Self-service Restaurant: "Le Restaurant"
- Bar: "Le Bar"
- Cafe: "Lounge Cafe"
- Large shopping area: "Les Boutiques"
- Games Planet (games)
- Chance Planet (slot machines)
- Cash machine
- Play areas
- Free WiFi
- 250 Cabins including Club4 and Club 4 Plus Cabins
- Reclining seat lounges
- Reading lounge