|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|Slogan||We Provide Freedom|
|Service area||United States, Canada, and Saudi Arabia|
|Service type||transit bus, paratransit|
|Chief executive||Alex Lodde (interim)|
MV Transportation, Inc., based in Dallas, Texas., is the largest private provider of paratransit services and the largest privately owned transportation contracting firm in the United States. The company employs more than 17,000 workers and operates more than 190 paratransit, fixed-route, shuttle and Medicaid contracts in 28 states, the District of Columbia, 2 Canadian provinces, and Saudi Arabia.
MV Transportation, Inc., was founded in 1975 in San Francisco, California, by husband and wife team Alex and Feysan Lodde, who continue to own the company. For the first twenty years of service, the company remained small, operating in fewer than 10 locations. In the mid 1990s the transportation industry experienced a wave of consolidation when several small and mid-sized companies merged and acquired each other. As a result, privately held MV found itself facing major multinational corporations. At this time, MV Transportation recruited a number of top industry professionals who developed and expanded the company under the guidance of the Loddes.
Today, MV Transportation has $1 billion in annual revenue and operates nearly 10,000 vehicles across the United States and Canada. It offers cities, counties, transit authorities and private companies transportation in paratransit, fixed route, flex route, commuter service and Medicaid transportation management. MV also contracts with several entities to provide turnkey services, operating all modes of service under one contract.
- 1978: incorporated in the State of California as MediVan
- 1984: the company won its first government contract
- 1990: name changed from MediVan to MV Transportation, Inc.
- 2001: MV won its first contract outside of its home state, California
- 2004: MV is named one of America's fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine
- 2004: MV debuted on Black Enterprise Magazine's B.E. 100 list as the 16th largest Black-owned company in the United States
- 2004: MV was awarded Microsoft's employee shuttle contract
- 2005: MV was awarded $500+ million contract in Washington D.C., largest in company history
- 2008: MV won the TransLink paratransit contract in Vancouver, British Columbia, the company's first contract outside the United States.
- 2010: MV Transportation was celebrated by client, Bechtel Corporation for its work at Motiva Refinery in Port Arthur, Texas. The MV division drove one million miles and carried one million passengers at the site.
- 2012: MV Transportation relocated its global headquarters from Fairfield, California to Dallas, Texas.
- Anchor-Rides, Anchorage, AK
- Anchorage School District Anchorage, AK MV took over Forsythe Transportation's contract for the ASD in December 2011. They now handle 2/3 of the ASD buses, not including the buses for Special Education and other Advanced programs.
- Austin, Texas, Capital Metro (MetroAccess)
- Barstow Area Transit
- Compton Renaissance Transit
- Dumbarton Express
- Durham Area Transit Authority
- DETROIT DOT
- Fairfax Connector
- Foothill Transit
- Fresno Area Express (Contractor for Paratransit Operations)
- Glendale Beeline
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Los Angeles, CA (Southbay Lines)
- Lawrence Transit
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Marin Transit
- Contractor for West Marin Stagecoach
- MTA Maryland
- Monterey Park Spirit Bus
- Monterey-Salinas Transit
- Contractor for paratransit, minibus, and tourist-trolley routes
- Orange County Transportation Authority
- Anaheim Resort Transit
- Palm Springs BUZZ Trolley
- Pueblo Transit CitiLift
- Petaluma Transit
- RTC Transit Simmons "Lot A" Yard
- (Operation begins July 7, 2013) Will replace Veolia Transportation and operate 22 of the 38 RTC lines with 224 of the 340 RTC buses.
- Roseville Transit
- Contractor for services that cross the San Mateo County line to San Francisco
- Santa Clarita Transit
- San Joaquin RTD County Services
- Santa Maria Area Transit
- Santa Rosa CityBus
- Contractor for Santa Rosa Paratransit
- South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink)
- St. John's, Newfoundland
- Thousand Oaks Transit
- TCaT (Tulare County Area Transit)
- Tulare Intermodal Express (TIME) Tulare, CA
- West Hollywood CityLine
- Union City Transit
- Valley Metro (Phoenix)
- Visalia Transit Visalia, CA
- WestCAT (Western Contra Costa County Transit)
- Subcontractor for NYC MTA Access-A-Ride program in Brooklyn, Staten Island and Harlem
- MV: Our Purpose
- "Leadership Team". MV Transportation. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "MV Transportation CEO to Retire" (PDF). MV Transportaton. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- BusinessWeek, Company Overview
- MV Transportation Locations
- "MV Fast Facts" (PDF). MV Transportation. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "The MV Story: Building an American Dream". MV Transportation. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "MV Transportation, Inc. Relocates Global Headquarters to Dallas" (PDF). MV Transportation. Retrieved 13 November 2014.