||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2012)|
|Licensed area||Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, North Nottinghamshire, North Derbyshire|
|Frequency||12A (223.936 MHz)|
|Air date||30 June 2003 |
MXR Yorkshire is a regional commercial digital radio multiplex in the United Kingdom, which serves Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, North Nottinghamshire and North Derbyshire. The multiplex will close in 2015 after the shareholders Global Radio & Arqiva decided not to renew the licence.
|Service||Service ID||Bit rate||Audio channels||Description||Analogue availability|
|Capital Yorkshire||C3AA||128 kbit/s||Joint stereo||Dance and R'n'B||105.1 MHz (South & West Yorkshire)
105.6 MHz (Bradford & Sheffield)
105.8 MHz (Humberside)
|Choice FM||C0CE||128 kbit/s||Joint stereo||R'n'B and Hip-hop||—|
|Heart London||CCCD||128 kbit/s||Joint stereo||Adult contemporary||—|
|Gold||C2CE||64 kbit/s||Mono LSF||Oldies, 60s, 70s, 80s||—|
|Heart Yorkshire||C3A4||128 kbit/s||Joint stereo||Contemporary||106.2 MHz (South & West Yorkshire)
107.6 MHz (Bradford & Halifax)
107.7 MHz (Sheffield)
|Real Radio XS||C8C5||128 kbit/s||Joint stereo||Classic rock||—|
|UCB Gospel||CED0||64 kbit/s||Mono LSF||Christian||—|
|UCB Inspirational||CFD0||64 kbit/s||Mono LSF||Christian||—|
|XFM||C0B8||128 kbit/s||Joint stereo||Indie / alternative / rock music||—|
|Radio Yorkshire||CFCD||128 kbit/s||Joint stereo||Pop music and sport||—|
|DAB Guide||E1C000A9||8 kbit/s||Data||Hidden service, EPG data||—|
- On 7 November 2002, the Radio Authority awarded a digital radio licence to MXR Limited for the Yorkshire region. The MXR beat another bid for the licence from The Yorkshire Digital Radio Company.
- Yorkshire Radio started test transmissions on MXR Yorkshire from 26 June 2006 and has replaced jazzfm.com.
- LBC replaced the Digital News Network from 28 July 2006 and LBC started broadcasting on 1 September 2006.
- Capital Disney ceased broadcasting on the multiplex on 29 June 2007, freeing up 128kbit/s of space on the multiplex, filled by UCB UK and UCB Inspirational (64kbit/s each).
- Gold replaces LBC from 1 Nov 2012. Global Radio took the decision to remove LBC from the Yorkshire regional digital radio multiplex and replace it with Gold.
MXR Yorkshire is transmitted on frequency block 12A from the following sites:
|Emley Moor||5 (L)
|West & South Yorkshire|
|Acklam Wold||3||City of York, East Yorkshire & South Eastern parts of North Yorkshire|
|Tapton Hill||2||Sheffield & Chesterfield|
|Bilsdale||2||North Yorkshire & Cleveland Hills|
|Clifton||1||Doncaster & Worksop|
|Idle||1||Bradford & Keighley|
|Cave Wold||1||Hull & Humber Estuary|
|Beecroft Hill||0.2||City of Leeds|
- Radiocentre Commercial Radio Pocket Booklet 2007
- "Regional MXR digital multiplexes to close". Radio Today. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Radio Authority publishes assessment of local digital multiplex licence award for Yorkshire". Radio Authority. 2002-11-28. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Radio Listenenrs Guide 2010