Rupr. & Maxim.
10–11; see text.
Maackia is a genus of flowering plants in the legume family, Fabaceae. There are about 12 species, all native to eastern Asia, with six endemic to China. Maackia was named after the botanist Richard Maack.
They are deciduous trees and shrubs. The alternately arranged leaves are divided into leaflets. The inflorescence is a simple or compound raceme of many flowers. Each flower has an inflated calyx with five teeth. The white or greenish corolla has a reflexed standard petal and keel petals that are fused at the bases. The fruit is a wide or narrow, flattened legume pod containing one to five flat seeds.
- Maackia amurensis Rupr.—Amur maackia
- var. amurensis Rupr.
- var. buergeri (Maxim.) C.K.Schneid.
- Maackia australis (Dunn) Takeda
- Maackia chekiangensis S.S. Chien
- Maackia ellipticocarpa Merr.
- Maackia fauriei (H. Lév.) Takeda
- Maackia floribunda (Miq.) Takeda
- Maackia hupehensis Takeda
- Maackia hwashanensis W.T. Wang ex C.W. Chang
- Maackia tashiroi (Yatabe) Makino
- Maackia tenuifolia (Hemsl.) Hand.-Mazz.
Species names with uncertain taxonomic status
The status of the following species is unresolved:
- Maackia taiwanensis Hoshi & Ohashi.
- Cardoso D, Pennington RT, de Queiroz LP, Boatwright JS, Van Wyk B-E, Wojciechowski MF, Lavin M. (2013). "Reconstructing the deep-branching relationships of the papilionoid legumes". S Afr J Bot 89: 58–75. doi:10.1016/j.sajb.2013.05.001.
- Maackia. Flora of China.
- "ILDIS LegumeWeb entry for Maackia". International Legume Database & Information Service. Cardiff School of Computer Science & Informatics. Last edited on 1 November 2005 (rebuilt on 24 April 2013). Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. "GRIN species records of Maackia". Germplasm Resources Information Network—(GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "The Plant List entry for Maackia". The Plant List. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and the Missouri Botanical Garden. 2013. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Some sources treat Maackia fauriei as a synonym of Maackia floribunda.
- Some sources give Maackia chinensis Takeda priority over Maackia hupehensis Takeda.
|This Faboideae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|