From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from MacAskill (disambiguation))
MacAskill / Macaskill is a surname. It is an Anglicisation of the Gaelic Mac Asgaill, meaning "son of Asgall". The Gaelic name Asgall is a reduced form of the Old Norse personal name Ásketill. The surname may refer to:
- Angus MacAskill (1825-1863), known as the world's largest "true" giant
- Danny MacAskill, a stunt cyclist
- Dianne Macaskill, Chief Executive and Chief Archivist of Archives New Zealand
- Glenn Macaskill, an author currently living in South Africa
- Ishbel MacAskill (1941-2011), Gaelic singer
- Kenny MacAskill (born 1958), a Scottish National Party politician
- Klara MacAskill (born 1964), a Hungarian born Canadian sprint canoer
- MacAskills Lake, a lake of Inverness County, in north-western Nova Scotia, Canada
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page or section lists people with the surname MacAskill. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|