Mac & Devin Go to High School (soundtrack)
|Mac & Devin Go To High School|
|Soundtrack album by Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa|
|Released||December 13, 2011|
Record Plant Recording Studios
Paramount Recording Studios
N. Hale High Studio
(Los Angeles, California)
La Bren Studios
The G Spot Studios
|Label||Atlantic, Rostrum, Doggystyle Fontana Records|
|Producer||Bigg Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Ted Chung, Benjy Grinberg (exec.)|
|Snoop Dogg chronology|
|The A.V. Club||(B+)|
|Consequence of Sound|||
|The Boston Globe||(favourable)|
|Los Angeles Times|||
|The New York Times||(favourable)|
Mac & Devin Go to High School is the collaborative album and soundtrack to the 2012 stoner film of the same name by American rappers Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa, which was released on December 13, 2011, by Atlantic Records.
Snoop Dogg announced plans for the release of a film, and soundtrack alongside with Wiz Khalifa back in January, with the release of the song "That Good", originally intended to be the soundtrack's lead single. Wiz Khalifa spoke on the soundtrack saying "It's a real big deal because nobody's done it like that as far as a veteran in the game, an OG, a pioneer and then the newest, youngest, most exciting dude in rap coming through, and really just giving people a complete project," Wiz said. "I'm a fan of it, separate myself from making it, [I'm] a huge fan of it. Can't wait." As far as the musical vibe of the soundtrack, Snoop described it, "It's something to relax you and get you through the day; it's some real good music. The music is quality, I don't even have no title for it, as far as what kinda music is it, it's centric, it's ...," Dogg said searching for the right words before his partner-in-rhyme lent a hand.
"Young, Wild & Free", the soundtrack's lead single which features Bruno Mars, and produced by The Smeezingtons, was released on October 11, 2011. In its first week it sold 159,000 digital copies, debuting at number 10 on the US Billboard Hot 100, and number 44 on the Canadian Hot 100. The music video was filmed on October 19, 2011.
The album debuted at number 29 on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 38,000 copies in its first week. As of February 2012 the album has sold 107,000 copies in the United States. In Canada, the album debuted at number 96. As of August 8, 2012 the soundtrack has sold 140,500 copies in the United States.
|1.||"Smokin' On" (featuring Juicy J)||Calvin Broadus, Cameron Thomaz, Jordan Houston, Christopher Golson||Drumma Boy||4:28|
|2.||"I Get Lifted"||Broadus, Thomaz, Warren Griffin, LaToiya Williams||Warren G||4:52|
|3.||"You Can Put It in a Zag, I’mma Put It in a Blunt"||Broadus, Thomaz, Aleksander Manfredi||Exile||3:19|
|4.||"6:30"||Broadus, Thomaz, Dominic Lamb, Brian Holland, Eddie Holland||Nottz||4:10|
|5.||"Talent Show"||Broadus, Thomaz, Jesse Wilson, Anthony Reyes||Jesse "Corparal" Wilson||4:35|
|6.||"Let's Go Study"||Broadus, Thomaz, Jacob Dutton||Jake One, Soopafly (co.)||4:05|
|7.||"Young, Wild & Free" (featuring Bruno Mars)||Broadus, Thomaz, Peter Hernandez, Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine||The Smeezingtons||3:27|
|8.||"OG" (featuring Curren$y)||Eric Dan, Jeremy Kulousek, Thomaz, Broadus, Shante Franklin||I.D. Labs||4:58|
|9.||"French Inhale" (featuring Mike Posner)||Broadus, Thomaz, Wishkoski, Dutton, Michael Posner, O'Kelly Isley, Ronald Isley, Rudolph Isley||Jake One||2:39|
|10.||"It Could Be Easy"||Broadus, Thomaz, Dopson, Asghedom||Larrance Dopson of 1500 or Nothin'||6:01|
|11.||"World Class"||Broadus, Thomaz, Ronald LaTour||Cardo||3:30|
|12.||"That Good"||Broadus, Thomaz, LaTour||Cardo||3:48|
|13.||"High School" (bonus track)||Broadus, Thomaz, Dopson||Larrance Dopson of 1500 or Nothin'||3:28|
|14.||"Dev's Song" (pre-order only)||Thomaz, Dan, Kulousek||I.D. Labs||4:30|
- "The A.V. Club Review".
- "Allmusic Review".
- "Consequence of Sound Review".
- "Boston Globe Review". The Boston Globe.
- "HipHopDX Review".
- "LAtimes Review".
- "Pitchfork Review".
- "Rolling Stone Review".
- "Spin Review".
- "XXL Review".
- "Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa – That Good". 2dopeboyz. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- "Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dogg's 'High School' Soundtrack A 'Big Deal' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. 2011-10-25. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- "iTunes - Music - Young, Wild & Free (feat. Bruno Mars) - Single by Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa". Itunes.apple.com. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- "Adele Still Atop Hot 100, Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Debut". Billboard.com. 2009-09-14. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Elias, Matt (2011-10-20). "Snoop Dogg And Wiz Khalifa Get 'Wild' On Video Set - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Jacobs, Allen (2011-12-21). "Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 12/18/2011 | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Jacobs, Allen (2012-02-29). "Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 2/26/2012 | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- "CANOE - JAM! Music SoundScan Charts". Jam.canoe.ca. Retrieved 2012-07-13.