|Birth name||Macarena Achaga Figueroa|
March 5, 1992 |
Mar del Plata, Argentina
|Occupation(s)||Model, actress, singer, and television hostess|
|Labels||Warner Music México|
|Associated acts||Eme 15|
Macarena Achaga Figueroa (Spanish pronunciation: [makaˈɾena aˈtʃaɣa]; born March 5, 1992 in Mar del Plata, Argentina) known professionally as Macarena Achaga, is an Argentine model, actress, singer, and television hostess. In 2012, she debuted as an actress on the Mexican television series Miss XV and was a member of the Mexican-Argentine pop group, Eme 15, from 2011 to 2014.
Macarena Achaga Figueroa was born in Mar del Plata, Argentina. She is the oldest child and has a brother named Santiago, who is eight years younger. At 15, Achaga began her career as a model, travelling up to five hours every week by bus from Mar del Plata to Buenos Aires. She signed with Pink Model Management in Buenos Aires. Eventually, she signed with Mulittalient Agency, also located in Buenos Aires. At 18, she moved to Buenos Aires to further pursue her modeling career.
Achaga began her career at 15 as a print model in her native Argentina with Pink Models Management based in Buenos Aires. She has modeled for various Argentine clothing brands like Sweet Victorians, Doll Fins, and Muaaa. She later signed as a model to Multitalent Agency in Buenos Aires, Argentina. As a commercial and fashion model, Achaga has appeared in dozens of print and campaign work. Achaga also appeared in a commercial for Marinela cookies in 2010. Her print work credits for magazines include, ParaTeens and Código Teen. Achaga appeared on the cover of Joy magazine and Para Ti in 2011. At 18, she worked briefly in Mexico and France for modelling jobs. In August 2009, she did editorial work for Cosmopolitan Argentina and appeared in the Spring/Summer 2012 print campaign for handbags for the brand CLOĒ in Mexico. In August 2011 and 2013, she appeared in an editorials for InStyle Mexico.
In October 2013, she appeared in a breast cancer awareness ad campaign in Mexico for Tommy Hilfiger handbags. She also appeared in a web mini-series ad for Nescafé Dolce Cafe, promoting the brand alongside Gossip Girl: Acapulco in Mexico. Achaga appeared on the cover and in an editorial spread modeling bridal dresses for Hola magazine's special "Novias" edition in November 2014.
Achaga's first television job was co-hosting the Argentine version of the MTV Latin America music show Los 10+ Pedidos with Gabo Ramos in 2010. She left the show in 2011, following her casting in the Nickelodeon Latin America and Canal 5 television series Miss XV.
Breakout success in "Miss XV"
Achaga continued working as a model in Mexico throughout 2011. In June 2011, she was in Mexico City attending workshop at Televisa San Ángel, where she was spotted by producer, Pedro Damián, in the cafeteria. Damián invited her to audition for Miss XV, the network's new tween-oriented musical television series. Achaga was one of eight actresses considered in the final castings for the role of the antagonist, "Leonora". The casting required Achaga to showcase her acting and singing abilities. In August 2011, Achaga was confirmed as the female antagonist, "Leonora Martínez", for Miss XV. Achaga is the only Argentine cast member in the ensemble.
Filming for the television series required Achaga to make the permanent move to Mexico City where production on the show lasted from October 2011 to June 2012. The show premiered on Nickelodeon Latin America on April 16, 2012. On Canal 5, the show began airing episodes on May 14, 2012 for Latin America. In spite of its success in Mexico, the show was not renewed for a second season.
2013 to present
In January 2013, Achaga was officially confirmed as "Jenny Parra" in Gossip Girl: Acapulco, the Mexican remake of the hit United States television show, Gossip Girl. In order to be cast on the show, co-producer Andrés Tovar, required Achaga to get rid of her Argentine accent by taking speech lessons in order to more accurately portray a Mexican character. Mexican producer Pedro Torres co-produced the show along with a collaboration from Warner Channel International and Mexican production agency El Mall. Filming for the series began in late January in Acapulco, Mexico and ended in May 2013. The show premiered on August 5, 2013 for the channel Golden Premiere in Mexico. The series began airing on the Mexican television stations Telehit in September; it aired in the U.S. on UniMas. It began airing on Canal 5 on November 11, 2013. On January 14, 2014, producer Pedro Torres announced that Gossip Girl: Acapulco was cancelled.
In July 2013, Achaga filmed El Librito Rojo, a short film in which she stars as the protagonist, in Guanajuato, Mexico. Filming was conducted in two days. In January 2014, she filmed Páginas Negras, a horror themed television series starring Alfonso Herrera in Buenos Aires. A trailer for the show was released on Vimeo in July of that same year. A release date has not been set, but it is slated to air on the Argentine network, Space for Latin America.
In late March 2014, Achaga traveled to Pucón, Chile to begin rehearsals for Sitiados, a new historical drama television series co-produced by the Chilean network TVN and FOX International Channels. Set from 1598 to 1601, the series is inspired by the true account of a group of Mapuche who held 500 Spanish prisoners in Villarrica, Chile during the Arauco War. Achaga plays "Rocío de Salas", a Spanish young woman and daughter of a military general, who is involved in a forbidden romantic relationship with a Mapuche man. Production began on April 8, 2014 in Pucón. The show is expected to have eight episodes. After spending four months filming in Chile, production on Sitiados was completed in late July 2014. It is scheduled to premiere sometime in 2015 and will air on the subscription service network, Moviecity for Latin America and TVN in Chile. 
In the summer of 2011, Macarena attended the final castings for Miss XV in Mexico City. Originally, the producers were not looking for a sixth member, but decided to hold a casting search in July 2011 to find a third female member. In August 2011, she was confirmed as the cast's final female member. As a member of the ensemble cast, Macarena also joined the pop group Eme 15 as the sixth and final band member. The remaining five members were Paulina Goto, Elezar Gómez, Natasha Dupeyrón, Yago Muñoz, and Jack Duarte. The band released their first music video, Wonderland, on April 4, 2012. The video was filmed in October 2011 at Las Pozas, a garden in Xilitla, San Luis Potosí. Wonderland was officially released for digital download on iTunes in Mexico on April 24, 2012.
Following her casting in Miss XV in August 2011, Achaga moved to Mexico City where she currently resides. In March 2013, she became a vegetarian. Achaga's relationship with Mexican actor, Sebastian Zurita, was confirmed in February 2014.
|2010-2011||Los 10+ Pedidos||Herself||Television hostess|
|2012||Miss XV||Leonora Martínez||Acting debut|
|2013||Gossip Girl: Acapulco||Jenny Parra||Series regular|
|El Librito Rojo||Hippie||Short Film (Lead)|
|2015||Sitiados||Rocío de Salas||Television mini series|
|Paginas Negras||TBA||Television series|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2012||Solamente Tú||—||—||Eme 15|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or not released to that country|
- "Wonderland" (2012)
- "Solamente Tú" (2012)
- "Diferente" (Live at the Auditorio Nacional)(2013)
- "Y Dios creo a Macarena Achaga". Esquirelat.com. 21 March 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Conociendo la Colección Otoño- Invierno de OÉ". Proyecto Moda. 28 October 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Macarena Achaga para InStyle". Quien.com. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Macarena Achaga, una novia romántica, fresca y juvenil, en la portada de nuestro ESPECIAL NOVIAS". Hola.com.mx. 10 November 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Moda con causa". estilodf.tv. 13 October 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Y Dios creo a Macarena Achaga". Esquirelat.com. 21 March 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- Alejandro Guzman (19 July 2011). "J'Miss XV' inicia grabaciones en octubre". Esmas.com (in Spanish). Televisa. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Mareen Trinidad (20 December 2013). "Macarena Achaga cambio vida con Gossip Girl Acapulco". Esmas.com (in Spanish). Televisa. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Pedro Torres realizará Gossip Girl a la mexicana". Univision.com (in Spanish). Televisa. 17 January 2013. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Amadeuz López (22 July 2013). "Rally Universitario GIFF desde adentro: El librito rojo". Esmas.com (in Spanish). Correcmara. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Tony Dalton en El Librito Rojo". Revesonline.com (in Spanish). Revesonline. 17 July 2013. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Jorge Coll (8 August 2014). "Poncho Herrera y Macarena Achaga “aterrorizarán” en televisión". Quien.com (in Spanish). Quien. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Patricia Reyes (19 December 2013). "TVN y Fox firman acuerdo para estrenar serie basada en la Guerra de Arauco". Latercera.com (in Spanish). La Tercera. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Karen Cordovez (8 April 2014). "Serie producida por TVN y Fox inició hoy su rodaje en La Araucanía". Emol.com (in Spanish). Emol. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "Marimar Vega se despide de Chile con emotivas fotografías". Revesonline.com (in Spanish). TV NOTAS. 17 July 2013. Retrieved July 23, 2014.
- "Macarena Achaga será Black Princess en "Mis XV". Con Flor Rubio". Radioformula.com.mx. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "Pedro Damian habla de ‘Miss XV’". Novela Lounge. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "Dará EME 15 último concierto en Acapulco". Radio Formula. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Mariana Guerrero (7 November 2013). "Macarena Achaga, guerrera incansable". Esmas.com (in Spanish). Televisa. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Miriam Garcia (30 April 2014). "Macarena y Sebastián, en su primera red carpet como novios". Quien.com (in Spanish). Quien. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- "El grupo de 'Miss XV' da una 'probada' de su música - Espectáculos". .esmas.com. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- http://www.tabascohoy.com/noticia.php?id_nota=273690 Segundo Sencillo del disco
- Macarena Achaga at the Internet Movie Database
- Multitalent Modeling Agency Profile
- Talent On The Road Acting Agency Profile