From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Macaulay, Macauley, MacAulay, or McAulay may refer to:
- Macaulay (surname), an English-language surname with multiple etymological origins (also includes surnames Macauley, MacAulay and McAulay).
- Thomas Babington Macaulay, 1st Baron Macaulay, British historian and Whig politician who played a major (and controversial) role in reforming education in India.
- George Macaulay Trevelyan, English historian
- John Babington Macaulay Baxter, New Brunswick jurist and politician
- Macaulay Culkin, American actor
- Macaulay railway station, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- The Macaulay Institute, a land use research institute based in Aberdeen, Scotland
- William E. Macaulay Honors College, a school which is part of City University of New York, in New York, USA
- Clan MacAulay, a Scottish clan historically seated at Ardincaple Castle, in Scotland.
- Macaulay family of Lewis, a Scottish family historically centred on Lewis in the Outer Hebrides, in Scotland.
- Cohen-Macaulay ring, a commutative ring, named after Irvin Cohen and Francis Sowerby Macaulay (1862-1937).
- Macaulay computer algebra system, a computer algebra system, named after Francis Sowerby Macaulay (1862-1937).
- Macaulay2, a free computer algebra system, which is a successor of the preceding.
- Macaulay matrix, a generalization of Sylvester matrix to n homogeneous polynomials in n variables.
- Macaulay brackets, a notation used to describe the ramp function.
- Macaulay Duration, a special case of bond duration, named after Frederick Macaulay (1882-1970).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Macaulay.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.