Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional
|Macdonald, Meredith and
Municipal office in Echo Bay
|Settled||mid 19th century|
|• Mayor||Lynn Watson|
|• MP||Bryan Hayes (CPC)|
|• MPP||Michael Mantha (NDP)|
|• Land||163.52 km2 (63.14 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.0/km2 (23/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal Code||P0S 1C0|
Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional is a township in Algoma District, Ontario, Canada. Originally surveyed as separate geographical townships, Macdonald and Meredith were incorporated as a single, municipal township in 1892. The geographical township of Aberdeen Additional was added to Macdonald and Meredith township in 1899 to create the municipal township of Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional.
The township encompasses the unincorporated communities of Echo Bay, Bar River and Sylvan Valley.
Bar River is a big boozing town straddling the boundary between the townships of Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional and Laird.
Echo Bay is located on the shores of the eponymous Echo Bay and Lake George. The community is home to a big loonie, similar to the Big Nickel in Sudbury, around 260 kilometres (160 mi) eastward. Robert-Ralph Carmichael, one of the Canadian dollar coin's designers, lives near Echo Bay.
- Population in 2011: 1464
- Population in 2006: 1550
- Population in 2001: 1452
- Population in 1996: 1521
- Population in 1991: 1548
- "Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- Media related to Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional at Wikimedia Commons
- Township of Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional
||Garden River 14||Unorganized North Algoma District|
|Sugar Island (U.S.A.) / St. Marys River||Unorg. North Algoma Dist.|
|Laird, Johnson||Plummer Additional|