|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Founded||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (1944)|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
Macdonald Realty is a Canadian real estate brokerage firm with offices across British Columbia. Established in 1944, the company offers a fully integrated range of real estate services, including: residential sales, commercial sales and leasing, property and strata management, project marketing, and mortgage services.
In addition to residential brokerage, the company has divisions that work primarily in commercial sales and leasing, property management, project marketing, and mortgage lending.
The company's head office in Vancouver was recently named the top grossing brokerage office in the Vancouver Metropolitan Area by the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver and is one of the largest single brokerage offices in British Columbia.
Lynn Hsu, President & CEO of the Macdonald Realty Group, started her real estate career in 1985. From 1987 through 1989, Lynn was the #1 salesperson for Western Canada at a large, national real estate firm, ranking in the top 3 for all of Canada for combined residential/commercial real estate sales during those years. In 1990, Lynn bought Macdonald Realty, then only a single office in Vancouver’s Westside.
Since that time, she has expanded the company, growing it to 20 offices throughout British Columbia, with nearly 1,000 staff and sales associates, turning the operation into a true, full-service real estate company, with offerings in: Residential and Commercial Sales and Leasing, Property Management, Project Marketing, Mortgage Financing, and Project Management.
Over her career, Lynn has been honored many times for her achievements. These include:
• 40 Under 40 Achievement Award for Entrepreneurs in BC
• Overseas Chinese Achievement Award
• Taiwanese Canadian Entrepreneur Award
• Canadian Business Top 100 Canadian Women Entrepreneur Award – 2004 – Rank # 11
• Canadian Business Top 100 Canadian Women Entrepreneur Award – 2006 – Rank # 8
• Person of the Year in Chinese-Canadian Business Award – 2007
• The largest company owned by a woman in BC — 2008 and 2009 (Business in Vancouver)
• The largest brokerage company in Western Canada – 2009 (Real Trends)
Qualicum Beach branch on Vancouver Island, managed by Lynn Van de Kamp
- RealTrends Top 200 Brokerage Firms in Canada
- Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
- PROFIT W100: Canada's Top Women Entrepreneurs
- Chinese Business Chamber of Canada