Mace Security International
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2010)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2011)|
|Traded as||OTC Pink: /quote MACE|
|Industry||Chemical Mace Manufacturing, Personal Defense Products Manufacturing|
|Key people||John McCann (Chief Executive Officer)
Carl Smith (Senior Vice President, Corporate Finance)
Garnett Meador (Senior Vice President, General Counsel)
|Products||Personal Defense Products, Home Security Products|
Mace Security International, Inc. (OTC Pink: MACE) is a manufacturer of personal defense products such as the widely recognized Mace Pepper Spray as well as home security products that include wireless alarm systems, security cameras and remote monitoring systems.
- 1965: Chemical Mace was invented in 1965 by Allan Lee Litman, founder and co-owner of Pittsburgh-based General Ordinance Equipment Corporation (GOEC), after his wife, Doris, was threatened on the street.
- 1987: The company was sold to Smith & Wesson and then transferred to new owner – Jon E. Goodrich - in April 1987, along with the rest of Smith & Wesson’s chemical division. In 1987 Mace filed for assignment of the ownership of the MACE brand trademark.
- 1993: The company changed the name of Mark Sport, Inc to Mace Security International, Inc. That same year in September, Mace had its initial public offering on the Nasdaq National Market System, trading under the symbol MACE.
- 1994: Purchased Federal Laboratories, the largest tear gas manufacturer in the world.
- 1998: Sold Federal Laboratories to Armor Holdings, Inc..
- 1999: The company merged American Wash Services, a company that was engaged in operating car wash facilities, into a wholly owned subsidiary of Mace Security International. Mace purchased over 50 car and truck washes in 1999 and 2000.
- 2002: Surveillance products were added to its security division. The company acquired some assets and operations of Micro-Tech, a manufacturer and retailer of electronic security and surveillance devices, as a base business to expand in the security surveillance equipment business.
- 2003: Acquired the assets of Vernex, a producer or CRT, LCD and plasma monitors and televisions.
- 2004: Acquired Security and More and Industrial Vision Source from American Building Control
- 2004: Develops and introduces pepper gel product.
- 2005: The company exits the car and truck wash business, selling the majority of these operations from 2005 through 2010.
- 2007: Purchases growing online and digital media services company, Linkstar Interactive.
- 2007: Signs exclusive agreement to market less-than-lethal aerosol gun for its patented pepper gel and pepper spray formulations.
- 2008: Announces termination Of Louis D. Paolino as Ceo and Chairman; appoints Gerald Laflamme as interim Ceo and Jack Mallon as Chairman
- 2008: Appoints Veteran Security Industry Executive, Dennis R. Raefield, as its new President and Chief Executive Officer.
- 2009: Acquires Central Station Security Systems, Inc., A wholesale security monitoring company
- 2009: Partners with Xanboo, Inc.
- 2009: Central Station Security Systems, Inc. becomes Mace Central Station, Inc. and becomes one of the first US central stations to earn the ETL listing.
Mace Security International, Inc. (OTCQB: MACE) is a public company trading under the symbol , but is neither traded nor regulated by a public exchange.
Mace has several business divisions that operate from locations in the United States. Mace sells its products through dealers, system integrators, catalogs, the Internet, mass merchants, and distributors, as well as by telephone orders.
- Mace Personal Defense, Inc is located in Bennington, VT. The Mace Personal Defense division develops self-defense security products such as pepper sprays for consumer and law enforcement use, home alarm systems, animal repellants and personal Alarms.
- Mace Security Products, Inc is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with logistics (warehousing) located in the Dallas, Texas area. MSP sells Mace branded access control, video, intrusion, and perimeter protection products to end users, dealers, distributors, and installers.
- Mace Central Station is a national UL listed central station that monitors approximately 40,000 end user accounts on behalf of approximately 300 dealer clients. Mace CSSS, Inc. also provides nationwide video monitoring services, including CCTV, IP and other configurations.
- Industrial Vision Source: IVS is a distributor of Sony machine vision fiber optic cameras. IVS has been distributing these products since 1989. The markets served include: Machine Vision, Factory Automation, Microscopy, Non Destructive Testing, Point of View application and PTZ Cameras.
Mace corporate officers include John McCann, CEO and President, and Carl Smith who serves as Senior Vice President, Corporate Finance.
Members of the Mace Board include Jack Mallon, Dennis R. Raefield, Gerald LaFlamme, Michael Smith and Richard Barone.
Mace operates from its Corporate Headquarters in Horsham, Pennsylvania. The Office of the CEO, Dennis Raefield, is in Walnut Creek, California. Mace Personal Defense products are developed in Bennington, Vermont, and the Electronic Surveillance Products are developed in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The warehouse for Mace Security Products and Industrial Vision Source is in the Dallas, Texas area. Mace's Online Digital Marketing Division has offices in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. The Mace Central Station is located in Anaheim, California.