Mack the Knife (film)
|Mack the Knife|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Menahem Golan|
|Produced by||Stanley Chase|
|Screenplay by||Menahem Golan|
|Based on||The Threepenny Opera
by Bertold Brecht and Kurt Weill
|Music by||Kurt Weill|
|Editing by||Alain Jakubowicz
|Distributed by||21st Century Film Corporation|
|Running time||120 minutes|
In 19th century London, young Polly Peachum falls for the famous womanizing criminal Macheath and they decide to get married, but because of her family's disapproval, her father ("the king of thieves") has MacHeath arrested.
- Raúl Juliá as Macheath
- Richard Harris as Mr. Peachum
- Julia Migenes as Jenny Diver
- Roger Daltrey as The Street Singer
- Julie Walters as Mrs. Peachum
- Bill Nighy as Tiger Brown
- Rachel Robertson as Polly Peachum
- Clive Revill as Money Matthew
- Erin Donovan as Lucy Brown
- Louise Plowright as Dolly
- Elizabeth Seal as Molly
- Chrissie Kendall as Betty
- Mark Northover as Jimmy Jewels
Juliá reprises the role of Macheath which won him a Tony nomination for a 1976 revival on Broadway. The film shows obvious signs of last minute editing, including several musical numbers that appear on the soundtrack album but are not in the final cut.
- "Mack The Knife Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for Mack ... - T". movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Maslin, Janet. "Mack the Knife (1989)". nytimes.com. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Mack the Knife (1989)". mrqe.com. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "MACK THE KNIFE". movieguide.org. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Mack the Knife at the Internet Movie Database
- Mack the Knife at allmovie
- Mack the Knife at Rotten Tomatoes