||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (February 2014)|
|Born||Mackenzie Christine Foy
November 10, 2000
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Mackenzie Christine Foy (born November 10, 2000) is an American child model and actress. She is best known for her role as Renesmee Cullen, the daughter of Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, which earned her a 2013 Young Artist Award nomination as Best Supporting Young Actress in a Feature Film.
Life and career
Mackenzie Foy was born in Los Angeles, California, and is homeschooled. She has an older brother. She began modeling in print ads in 2004, working for Garnet Hill, Polo Ralph Lauren, and Guess (Kids). From there she modeled for several companies such as The Walt Disney Company, Mattel, and Gap.
Her career as an actress started when she was 9, guest starring in several television shows such as 'Til Death, FlashForward, and Hawaii Five-0; in 2010, she was cast in the role of Renesmee Cullen in the movie adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's book Breaking Dawn, fourth and final of the Twilight saga novel series. The first movie, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, in which Renesmee is only shown in a flash forward, was released on November 18, 2011, while the second one, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, on November 16, 2012.
In 2011, she took part to Erica Dunton's movie Plastic Jesus (2013), along with Chandler Canterbury, and in February 2012, she joined the cast of James Wan's horror film The Conjuring, initially titled The Warren Files. Shooting started on February 21 in North Carolina, and the film was released in July 2013. In February, she was also in the last episode of the second season of the horror TV series R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour, in which Foy was Natalie, a girl who goes to live with her grandfather, finding out that one of the dolls is alive and has bad intentions.
On October 10, 2012, Foy joined Wish You Well, the film adaptation of David Baldacci's book, where she plays the lead. The movie, directed by Darnell Martin, also stars Josh Lucas, Ellen Burstyn, Ned Bellamy, Laura Fraser, Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick, and Alano Miller. On 17 November 2012 Foy was in another episode of R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour, playing Georgia Lomin. In July 2013, Foy was announced as a cast member of Christopher Nolan's film Interstellar, which also stars Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Matthew McConaughey, and Casey Affleck.
|2009||'Til Death||Little Girl||TV series (1 episode: "No Complaints")|
|2010||FlashForward||Kate Erskine||TV series (1 episode: "Blowback")|
|Hawaii Five-0||Lily Wilson||TV series (1 episode: "Ho'apono")|
|2011||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1||Renesmee|
|2012||R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour||Natalie||TV series (1 episode: "The Return of Lilly D")|
|The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2||Renesmee|
|R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour||Georgia Lomin||TV series (1 episode: "Red Eye")|
|2013||The Conjuring||Cindy Perron|
|Wish You Well||Lou Cardinal|
|Ernest & Celestine||Celestine||voice|
|2014||The Boxcar Children||Violet||TV movie; Post-Production|
|Black Eyed Dog||Daisy||Post-Production|
|The Cookie Mobster||Sally||TV movie; Post-Production|
|The Little Prince||The Girl||voice; Post-Production|
|2013||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Screen Couple (shared with Taylor Lautner)||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2||Won|||
|2013||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Screen Ensemble (shared with cast)||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2||Won|
|2013||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a Feature Film - Supporting Young Actress||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2||Nominated|||
- "Breaking Dawn Filming News: Mackenzie Foy To Appear In Breaking Dawn Part 1?". November 22, 2011. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Meet Renesmee! Mackenzie Foy of 'Breaking Dawn -- Part 2'". June 15, 2012. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "Mackenzie Foy, 'Twilight' Star, On Shooting 'Breaking Dawn' And Her Favorite Scene". July 13, 2012. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "'Twilight' Star Renesmee Revealed: 5 Things to Know About Mackenzie Foy". June 13, 2012. Archived from the original on January 3, 2013. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "Meet Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's baby (in Twilight)". January 27, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Jeff Sneider, Rachel Abrams (September 13, 2011). "Dunton embraces 'Plastic Jesus'". Variety. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Mackenzie Foy On For The Warren Files". Empire Online. February 6, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "Horror pic taps 'Twilight,' 'Dark Knight' kids". February 6, 2012. Retrieved October 16, 2012.
- ""Twilight" star Mackenzie Foy battles an evil doll in "The Haunting Hour"". February 3, 2012.
- "Mackenzie Foy of ‘Breaking Dawn’ Joins Adaptation of ‘Wish You Well’". October 10, 2012. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- "Mackenzie Foy is Guest Starring in a Brand New 'Haunting Hour'". November 12, 2012. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- "Casting Net: Jessica Chastain in talks for 'A Most Violent Year'; Plus, Linda Cardellini, Anna Kendrick". July 16, 2013. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- "The 33rd Annual RAZZIE® Awards". Razzies.com. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Actress, Hoover native Savannah Lathem wins Young Artist Award for 'California Solo' movie". Al.com. 5 May 2013. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mackenzie Foy.|