Mackenzie High School (Guyana)
The school was established in 1946, named "Echols High School", and was funded by the Demerara Bauxite Company. On its foundation it had a staff of two teachers and enrollment of 26 students. The government assumed control in 1976.
Head Teachers/Principals were:
- 1946-1952 Mr. E.U. Wilson, Mr. Eddie Gunraj and Mr. Milroy Victor
- 1952-1956 Dr. Dennis Craig
- 1956-1960 Mr. D.D. Sim
- 1960-1965 Mr. William Ogle
- 1965-1971 Mr. John Cummings
- 1972-1983 Mr. Clifton McDonald
- 1985-1992 Mrs. Gloria Britton
- 1992-2005 Mrs. Janice Gibson
- 2005-2011 Mrs. Cheryl McDonald
- 2011–present Mr. Gary Roberts
- "Linden, second largest city in Guyana". guyanaguide.com. guyanaguide.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18. "Schools in Linden include Mackenzie High School, established in 1946."