|Born||Mackenzie Lyn Rosman
December 28, 1989
Charleston, South Carolina, U.S.
|Education||Valencia High School|
Outside of acting, Rosman enjoys animals, especially horses, of which she owns many. She is a competitive equestrian show jumper and rides in jumping competitions on her horse Mentos Junior. Mackenzie showed off her singing skills twice on the television series 7th Heaven.
Rosman is an active supporter of fundraising for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and wishes to educate the public about the need for organ donation. Mackenzie's stepsister, Katelyn Salmont, lived with Cystic fibrosis and in late 2005, Salmont underwent a successful double lung-transplant. Her stepfather Randy donated one organ. Both girls were featured in Teen People's "20 Teens Who Will Change the World". 7th Heaven produced a special episode about cystic fibrosis titled "Back in the Saddle Again" which featured Salmont as herself, and Rosman and Salmont rode horses together, as they did at home. In 2005, 7th Heaven again brought Salmont on the show, post-transplant, which gave her a chance to explain about the new life she had been given in the episode entitled "X-Mas." Salmont died from pneumonia and cystic fibrosis on Christmas 2008. Rosman also supports Childhelp Inc. and is an ambassador for the organization, which helps severely abused children. Rosman is also the national honorary chairman for CureFinders, a school fundraising program to help fund the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis.
Rosman graduated from Valencia High School in late May 2007.
In 1996, she got the part of Ruthie Camden on 7th Heaven by personally greeting each person in the room by a handshake during her audition. In addition to her role on 7th Heaven, Rosman appeared in the independent film Gideon, starring Christopher Lambert, Charlton Heston and Shelley Winters. She has appeared in numerous television commercials starting at age four including a Tuff's Diaper commercial and a Nike shoe commercial. Her film roles include Molly MacLemore in Gideon.
Rosman plays the role of Loreli in the 2009 film The Tomb, based on the works of [H. P. Lovecraft ]. Her latest film role has been Jill in the new horror movie, Fading of the Cries. She starred in the episode "Till It's Gone" and "Goodbye Amy Juergens" as Zoe, the teen who sleeps with Ricky to get back at Adrian on The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
|1996–2007||7th Heaven||Ruthie Camden||Main role (238 episodes)|
|2009||Tomb, TheThe Tomb||Loreli|
|2010–2011||Secret Life of the American Teenager, TheThe Secret Life of the American Teenager||Zoe||4 episodes|
|2011||Fading of the Cries||Jill|
|2013||Ghost Shark||Ava Reid||TV film|
Awards and nominations
- 1997: Best Performance in a TV Comedy/Drama – Supporting Young Actress Age Ten or Under (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- 1998: Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Supporting Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- 1999: Best Performance in a TV Series – Young Ensemble (7th Heaven) – Nominated (with Beverley Mitchell, Barry Watson, Jessica Biel and David Gallagher)
- 2002: Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Supporting Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- 2004: Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) – Supporting Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Won
- 2007: Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) – Supporting Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- "Schaefer wins 2006 USEF Pony Medal Final". HorseWeb. August 11, 2006. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- "Deer Creek school praised for fund-raising efforts". News OK.com. May 21, 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- "Celebrity Ambassadors". Childhelp Inc. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- "IMDb: "The Tomb"". Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Marcus, Stephanie (July 30, 2013). "Mackenzie Rosman's Maxim Photos Prove '7th Heaven' Was A Long Time Ago". The Huffington Post. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Mackenzie Rosman at the Internet Movie Database
- Mackenzie Rosman's biography on filmbug
- Mackenzie Rosman (TV IV)
- Mackenzie interview at PBSKids.org