Macon County Airport
|Macon County Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 1A5|
|Owner||Macon County Airport Authority|
|Serves||Macon County, North Carolina|
|Location||Franklin, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||2,020 ft / 616 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Macon County Airport (FAA LID: 1A5) is a public use airport in Macon County, North Carolina, United States. Owned by the Macon County Airport Authority, it is located three nautical miles (6 km) northwest of central business district of Franklin, North Carolina, in the Iotla Valley of the Great Smoky Mountains. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Macon County Airport covers an area of 95 acres (38 ha) at an elevation of 2,020 feet (616 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,400 by 75 feet (1,341 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 27, 2011, the airport had 9,250 aircraft operations, an average of 25 per day: 97% general aviation and 3% military. At that time there were 29 aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine and 17% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 1A5 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Franklin Aviation / Macon County Airport". Franklin Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of April 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 1A5, effective September 18, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|