Macquarie University railway station
|Train operators||Suburban all stops
Suburban limited stops
|Distance||22.07 km (13.71 mi) from Central Station|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
Macquarie University railway station is a station on the Sydney Trains network in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia located in the suburb of Macquarie Park. The station is an underground station. It is so named because it serves the nearby Macquarie University and Macquarie Centre. The station opened on 23 February 2009.
Macquarie University station has an island platform, but because the tunnels are spaced at the same distance apart as this island platform. There are no curves in the platforms. The station has Easy Access for wheelchairs.
Macquarie University is the 26th most patronised railway station in Sydney (out of a total of 176 stations), with an average of 8820 passengers boarding per day.
Platforms and services
The station is served by eight trains per hour for most of the day.
|1||All stations services to Central via Chatswood, then Strathfield and beyond.|
|2||All stations services to Hornsby.|
Hillsbus (except 630), 740 and M41 bus stops are located outside the station entrances. All other services stop at the nearby Macquarie Centre.
- 611 - between Macquarie Park and Blacktown via M2
- 619 - between Macquarie Park and Rouse Hill via M2, Baulkham Hills and Castle Hill
- 621 - between Sydney CBD and Castle Hill via Cherrybrook
- 628 - between Macquarie Park and Norwest Business Park via M2 and Baulkham Hills
- 630 - between Macquarie Park and Blacktown via Epping and Carlingford
- 651 - between Sydney CBD and Castle Hill via Beecroft and West Pennant Hills
- M41 - between Marsfield and Hurstville
- M54 - to Parramatta
- 288 - between Epping and Sydney CBD via North Ryde and Epping Road
- 290 - between Epping and Sydney CBD via Epping Road and Pacific Highway
- 292 - between Marsfield and Sydney CBD
- 294 - between Macquarie University and Sydney CBD via Epping Rd
- 295 - to North Epping via Epping
- 459 - between Macquarie University and Strathfield
- 506 - between Macquarie University and Sydney CBD via Victoria Rd
- 507 - between Macquarie University and Sydney CBD via Meadowbank, Putney and Victoria Rd
- 518 - between Macquarie University and Sydney CBD via Denistone East and Victoria Rd
- 544 - to Auburn via Eastwood
- 545 - between Chatswood and Parramatta via Eastwood and Fontenoy Rd
- 550 - between Chatswood and Parramatta via Talavera Rd
- 562 - between Macquarie University and Gordon
- 565 - between Macquarie University and Chatswood via UTS Ku-ring-gai
- 572 - between Macquarie University and Turramurra via South Turramurra
- 575 - between Macquarie University and Hornsby via Turramurra
- "CityRail - Epping to Chatswood rail link". CityRail.
- "RailCorp Annual Report 2005-2006" (PDF). RailCorp, NSW.
- "Busways Website".
- "Forest Website".
- "Hillsbus Website".
- "Sydney Buses Website".
- "Transdev Shorelink Website".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Macquarie University railway station, Sydney.|