|Headquarters||Crespellano, Bologna, Italy|
|Revenue||€ 64 million|
Number of employees
Macron S.p.A. Italian sporting apparel company based in Crespellano, Bologna, Italy is a European leader in the production of active sportswear. Macron operates in three main business areas: teamwear for football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, handball, five-a-side football, and running; -merchandising- official kits, free time apparel and accessories for the supporters of Macron’s Sponsored Clubs; -leisurewear- sports inspired apparel for those who want to wear Macron off the field.
Macron was founded in 1971 as a distributor of American sportswear brands in Italy. A major expansion of the organization took place in 1994, coincident with relocation and consolidation to Crespellano.
In 2014, Macron secured a four—year agreement with Bolton Wanderers F.C. for naming rights to their home stadium, resulting in renaming in July 2014 to Macron Stadium. Macron supplanted Reebok as the stadium namesake, and will provide the club's kit.
Sponsorships and customers
Macron sponsors or co-sponsors a variety of organizations, teams and events. In many cases, the wording of published accounts does not make a clear demarcation between a case where a team has purchased kit (aka uniforms or strip) versus those whose kit has been provided as a matter of sponsorship. Following is a partial list of these sponsorship/customer relationships.
- Staff (24 Apr 2014). "Macron who? Bolton Wanderers' new stadium sponsor is one of Europe’s top sportswear companies". The Bolton News.
- "BWFC strike stadium and kit deal with Macron" (Press release). Bolton Wanderers. 25 Apr 2014.
- "Gianluca Pavanello". Bloomberg. Retrieved 12 Feb 2015.
- "Francesco Bormioli, Macron SpA". Bloomberg. Retrieved 12 Feb 2015.
- "Varese, Macron nuovo sponsor tecnico ufficiale" [Varese, Macron new official technical sponsor] (in Italian). Lega Basket. 20 Jul 2010.
- "The Official Website of Livingston Football Club". Livingston F.C. Retrieved 8 Feb 2015.
- "Stockport County". Historical Football Kits. Retrieved 8 Feb 2015.
- "Charlton Athletic". Historical Football Kits. Retrieved 8 Feb 2015.
- "Millwall". Historical Football Kits. Retrieved 8 Feb 2015.
- Staff (7 Feb 2012). "Aston Villa secure new £15 million kit deal with Macron". fcbusiness (Tyne and Wear, England: Baltic Publications).
- Hall, Danny (24 Apr 2014). "Blades agree kit deal as Croft features on Clough's radar". Sheffield Star.
- "Invitation to Press Conference" (Press release). Anorthosis Famagusta. 17 Jun 2014.
- "Παρουσίαση Εμφανίσεων & Macron (Βίντεο και Φωτογραφίες)" [Show Impression & Macron (Video & Photos)]. Anorthosis Famagusta. 20 Jun 2014.
- "New Macron kits: 2014/15" (Press release). Motherwell. 9 May 2014.
- "Scottish Rugby Secures Biggest Ever Sponsorship" (Press release). Scottish Rugby. 24 Jan 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Macron (sportswear).|
- Macron Official Online Shop (English)
- Macron Official Website (Italian)
- Macron Lithuania Official Website (Lithuanian)
- Macron Dutch Official Website (Dutch)
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|