||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013)|
The Mad Caddies in 2006
|Also known as||The Ivy League
|Origin||Solvang, California, United States|
|Genres||Ska punk, Reggae, punk rock, pop punk|
|Labels||Fat Wreck Chords|
|Past members||Boz Rivera
The Mad Caddies sound has influences from broad ranging genres including ska (especially ska 3rd wave), punk rock, hardcore punk, swing, reggae, jazz, Latin music, polka, even cowpunk ("Crew Cut Chuck") and sea shanties ("Weird Beard").
Founding members Chuck Robertson, Sascha Lazor, Todd Rosenberg, Carter Benson and James Malis started the group while attending Santa Ynez Valley Union High School but the band's membership has changed frequently since its inception. Robertson, Lazor and Rosenberg all play in the current lineup which also includes horn players Keith Douglas and Ed Hernandez, who have both played in the band since the late 90s. Keyboard player Dustin Lanker joined in 2007 followed by bassist Graham Palmer in 2009. Former members include Brian Flenniken, Boz Rivera, Cris Badham and Derrick Plourde.
In the band's early beginnings in the mid-1990s, they performed as Cracked Macaroni at Santa Ynez Valley Union High School. Shortly thereafter, the band played under the name The Ivy League, but in 1996 they changed their name after signing to the Honest Don's Records label to avoid confusion (and potential litigation) with two prior bands that went by the same moniker. The band's debut album, Quality Soft Core, was released the following year. After the release of the album, the band was signed to Fat Mike's label Fat Wreck Chords, through which the Mad Caddies have released 5 studio albums, 2 EPs and a live album. The Caddies have toured extensively throughout their career including tours across the USA, Europe, Japan, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South America.
The Caddies newest studio release, Dirty Rice, is available May 13th on Fat Wreck.
- Studio albums
- Quality Soft Core (1997)
- Duck and Cover (1998)
- Rock the Plank (2001)
- Just One More (2003)
- Keep It Going (2007)
- Dirty Rice (2014)
- The Holiday Has Been Cancelled (2000)
- 2007 Tour EP (Sold only on their 2007 tour, with 2 new tracks from Keep It Going, plus 4 older songs) (2007)
- Live albums
- Songs in the Key of Eh! (Live from Toronto) (2004)
- Live @ Munich Backstage Germany 2007 (only 300 copies of this live DVD were made worldwide)
- Music Videos
- Road Rash (1998)
- Leavin' (2003)
- State of Mind (2007)
- Chuck Robertson - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Sascha Lazor - lead guitar, banjo
- Keith Douglas - trumpet, backing vocals
- Eduardo Hernandez - trombone
- Graham Palmer- bass guitar
- Todd Rosenberg- drums
- Dustin Lanker - keyboards
- Mad Caddies (13 December 2012). "Here's to a great 2013!". Facebook. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mad Caddies.|