Mad River Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Mad River Township, Clark County, Ohio|
A farm in the township
Municipalities and townships of Clark County.
|• Total||34.3 sq mi (88.8 km2)|
|• Land||34.1 sq mi (88.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|• Density||347.2/sq mi (134.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085855|
Mad River Township is one of the ten townships of Clark County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 11,828 people in the township, 9,190 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Springfield Township - northeast
- Green Township - east
- Miami Township, Greene County - southeast
- Bath Township, Greene County - southwest
- Bethel Township - northwest
Several towns are located in Mad River Township:
- The village of Enon, in the center of the township
- Part of the city of Springfield, the county seat of Clark County, in the northeastern corner of the township
- The census-designated place of Green Meadows, in the center of the township
- The census-designated place of Holiday Valley, in the south of the township
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Mad River Township is located in Champaign County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Clark County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.