Mad T Party
|Mad T Party|
|Attraction type||Nighttime event|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Theme||Alice in Wonderland|
|Music||Trance, new wave, dance-pop|
Mad T Party is a nighttime event at Disney California Adventure, part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. Anchored in the Hollywood Studios subsection of the Hollywood Land section of the park, Mad T Party premiered on June 15, 2012, the same day the park was re-dedicated. The event, which succeeded ElecTRONica, is inspired by Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Mad T Party closed on November 30, 2014. On December 5, 2014 it was announced that its replacement will be "Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party", inspired by Disney's animated film Frozen. "Freeze the Night!" is scheduled to run through May 15, 2015. Mad T Party is expected to return when the Frozen event concludes.
Mad T Party Band
The Mad T Party band includes two lead vocalists: an "Alice" and a "Mad Hatter". Both the Alice and the Mad Hatter roles are rotated through a talented roster of performers, which changes every night. The seven talented singers who portray Alice are Ashley Morgan, Dani Kerry, Jamie Carganilla, Jenny Kidd, Sheena Loza, Stephanie Renee Wall, and Jennifer Blackwell. The Mad Hatter roles are filled in by Drew Tablak, John Flanagan, Josh Disan, and Nathan Shrake. Previous "Mad Hatters" include Evan Saucedo, Rudy Cardenas and a fill-in is Dan Franklin. There is also a "Dormouse" on guitar portrayed by Johnny Gomez, Dan Franklin, and Todd McCool. A "March Hare" on bass played by Mike Hill, George Castells, Nick Schaadt, and Francesco DiCosmo. The "Caterpillar" is on the keyboard and the "Cheshire Cat" on the drums.
Music and Atmosphere
The music played at the Mad T Party is mainly dance music. Various types of music are played such as electro house, progressive house, and EDM. Guests of all ages are encouraged to dance at this event.
House of Cards
The House of Cards is where the event's performers are found. Performers include the Hottest Deck in Town who are professional dancers and an aerial act by The Dueling Queens. The stage's overhead structure is designed to look like its namesake — an LED-lit house of cards.
Drink Me is a cocktail club that offers alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages with names that are appropriate to the Alice in Wonderland theme, e.g., the Croquette Tini (which the staff describes as a Cosmo), the Mad Hat-ito and the Mad Long Island Iced T.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "It’s Almost ‘T’ Time at Disney California Adventure Park!". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Glover, Erin. "Fall Into the Rabbit Hole at Mad T Party – Coming to Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Slater, Shawn (December 5, 2014). "New ‘Frozen Fun’ Opens at Disneyland Resort January 7". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Buck, Fielding (29 May 2012). "DISNEYLAND: California Adventure previews Mad T Party". The Press-Enterprise. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "The Mad T Party Has Built an Amazing House of Cards!". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "Sharing the Splendiful Sounds of the Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- MacDonald, Brady (27 May 2012). "Review: Mad T Party keeps rocking at Disney California Adventure". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "Classic Arcade-Style Games Get a ‘Mad’ Twist at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mad T Party.|