||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
Madalyn Aslan at International Fashion Group's Night of Stars NYC 2011
|Born||October 5, 1963
|Pen name||Madalyn Aslan|
Madalyn Aslan (born October 5, 1963) is an American writer, astrologer, and palmist. She is the author of Madalyn Aslan's Jupiter Signs, What's Your Sign?, and CosmoGirl Astrologer. In 1999, The New York Times proclaimed her "The Love Guru", and stated: "Ms. Aslan sees subtle detail that others don't...with the gently practiced air of a surgeon." After 2001, Madalyn began reading over the phone so she could read anyone in the world, anywhere, and this is how she conducts all of her readings today. She has been included in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World.
Her first filmed reading was Rock Hudson when she was fourteen and acted with him in The Martian Chronicles while living in London. She returned from London to the U.S. at the age of nineteen, and became the first psychic to have readings auctioned at Christie's, New York. She taught at New York University for three years, teaching Palmistry 101 in her English classes upon approval from her department. Channel 9 did a news story on this, as it was considered controversial at the time. Madalyn holds a B.A. from the The University of London and Cornell University, (where she lived in Risley Residential College), and a Master's in Creative Writing from Sarah Lawrence College. She is one of the "notable alumni" of The Mirman School for Gifted Children in Los Angeles, and of South Hampstead High School.
Madalyn has appeared on The Today Show and other TV and radio shows. Her horoscopes have been translated into seven languages, and she has published many columns, including in Cosmopolitan, The New York Post, CHILD, and UK's Daily Mail.
- Aslan, Madalyn; Kalis, Jennifer (2002), What's Your Sign? a Cosmic Guide for Young Astrologers, Penguin Group USA, ISBN 978-0-448-42693-8
- Aslan, Madalyn (2003), Madalyn Aslan's Jupiter Signs: How to Improve Your Luck, Career, Health, Finances, Appearance, and Relationships Through the New Astrology, Viking Studio, ISBN 978-0-670-03149-8
- Hass, Nancy (February 14, 1999). "GURU: Madalyn Aslan; For Psychic to the Lovelorn, Valentine's Day Pressure Is On". The New York Times.
- "The Today Show". NBC. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "The Psychics of New York". The New York Post. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- "The A-list exorcists". The New York Post. Retrieved April 7, 2009.