Madam X (band)
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, USA|
|Genres||Glam metal, heavy metal, hard rock|
|Years active||1981–88, 1991, 2014-present|
|Past members||John Ward
Madam X is an American glam metal band active during the 1980s. Originally formed by two sisters, the band featured 2 Male members and 2 Females. Madam X was formed in Detroit, Michigan in 1981 by the Petrucci sisters, Roxy and Maxine, who had previously played in an all-female group called Pantagruel. They recruited bass guitarist Chris Doliber and vocalist Bret Kaiser, and the band relocated to New York. They were signed to Jet Records by Don Arden and released their debut album We Reserve the Right in 1984, produced by Rick Derringer. A single, "High in High School", was also released. They also appeared on the British TV music show "ECT".
Kaiser later left the band and was unsuccessfully replaced by British singer John Ward. More songs were recorded but remained unreleased as the band were dropped by Jet. Ward then left the band and was replaced by unknown Canadian vocalist Sebastian Bach. Roxy Petrucci also left, joining Vixen, and was replaced by Mark "Bam-Bam" McConnell. Despite touring with a flamboyant stage show, the group disintegrated in 1988 with Bach leaving to join Skid Row, and McConnell joining Carrera. Madam X continued briefly as a trio with Shawn Duncan replacing McConnell, but when Doliber left to form his own band, Madam X disbanded.
In 1991, the Petrucci sisters reformed Madam X with vocalist Lenita Erickson; this line-up was later renamed Hell's Belles with Irene Wohlman on bass guitar, but soon disbanded.
Roxy Petrucci later reformed Vixen. After leaving Madam X, Bret Kaiser formed his own band (Kaiser) with his brother, and today he performs with his own Band '56 with a Debut CD titled "Steppin" Kaiser also performs as an Elvis Presley tribute artist. McConnell died on May 24, 2012.
Maxine Petrucci currently performs with her band Maxine in Detroit MI. Her new video can be seen on YouTube, Music video for the song "Assassinate" from the album "Back to the Garden" (recorded by Kevin Sharpe at Metro37 Studio).
Madam X plan to reunite at the Sweden Rock Festival on June 7, 2014
- We Reserve the Right (1984)
- Demo (1986)
- New Album" (2015)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)|
- Maxine Petrucci – guitar (1981–88, 1991, 2014–present)
- Roxy Petrucci – drums (1981–86, 1991 , 2014–present)
- Chris Doliber – bass guitar (1982–88 . 2014–present)
- Bret Kaiser – vocals (1982–85 . 2014–present)
- John Ward – vocals (1985–87)
- Mark McConnell – drums (1986–88)
- Sebastian Bach – vocals (1987–88)
- Shawn Duncan – drums (1988)
- Lenita Erickson – vocals (1991)
- Irene Wohlman - bass guitar (1991)
- "Interview with Maxine Petrucci". Metal Maidens. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Roxy Petrucci Artist Page". Zildjian. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "High in High School". Discogs. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Biography at MusicMight". MusicMight. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Bret Kaiser's Speedway: A Tribute to Elvis". Bret Kaiser. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Mark "Bam Bam" McConnell Dies". Drum Magazine. May 24, 2012. Retrieved June 1, 2012.