Madame Nguyễn Cao Kỳ
|Madame Nguyen Cao Ky|
|Photo of Madame Nguyen Cao Ky|
|First Lady of South Vietnam|
19 June 1965 – 31 October 1967
|Born||Hanoi, French Indochina|
|Spouse(s)||Nguyễn Cao Kỳ|
Đặng Tuyết Mai, also known as Madame Nguyễn Cao Kỳ (1942) is the former wife of Nguyễn Cao Kỳ, former South Vietnamese air force commander and politician, who served as Prime Minister of South Vietnam from 1965 to 1967, and then as Vice President until his retirement from politics in 1971. Some sources have referred to Madame Đặng Tuyết Mai as the former First Lady of South Vietnam while others as the former second lady since her ex-husband's highest position in the former South Vietnam was Vice President and not President (the prime minister's position was head of government but not head of state.) She was an Air Vietnam stewardess before she married General Ky, then the chief of staff of the Republic of Vietnam Air Force.
While her husband served as Prime Minister and Vice President she would travel around South Vietnam along with him wearing a military flight suit to show solidarity with the armed forces. In December 1966, she traveled to Tokyo's Jujin Hospital of Cosmetic Surgery, for surgery under the name of Miss Dang Tuyet Mai of South Vietnam, which was reported by Time magazine.
During the Fall of Saigon, her husband had made arrangements for her and their children to be evacuated, while he made his last effort to save South Vietnam, but his efforts were futile and he fled South Vietnam aboard the USS Blue Ridge and fled to the United States, and they settled in California. She has since divorced and moved back to Vietnam, where she manages the restaurant Phở Ta Her daughter, Kỳ Duyên, is a well-known personality in the overseas Vietnamese entertainment industry (usually in the role of MC for musical programs).
- Chuyện tình hoa khôi Đặng Tuyết Mai và ông Nguyễn Cao Kỳ
- Mai Nguyễn Đọc hồi ký của các tướng tá Sàigon xuất bản ở nứơc ngòai 2000 p78 "NGUYỄN CAO KỸ - ĐẶNG TUYẾT MAI: MỘT THỜI ĐỂ YÊU VÀ MỘT THỜI... ĐAO CHÍNH! Trên chuyến máy bay sang Thái Lan vào năm 1964, Nguyễn Cao Kỳ bị hớp hôn bởi “một sấc đẹp cổ kính nhât” của cô tiếp viên hàng không Đặng ..."
- moved back to Vietnam
- restaurant https://secure.flickr.com/photos/18853170@N04/3922247462/in/photostream/
- Madame Nguyen Cao Ky received plastic surgery in Tokyo Dec. 1966
- Madame Ky arranges a meeting with journalists in Saigon to interview her husband
|First Lady of South Vietnam