Madden NFL Football
|The factual accuracy of parts of this article (those related to article) may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (March 2012)|
|Madden NFL Football|
Logo for Madden NFL 3DS
Madden NFL Football is a sports video game for the Nintendo 3DS which was developed by EA Sports. The game was developed by EA Sports North Carolina in Raleigh. First images of the game were shown by IGN in early December 2010. The game was released as a 3DS US launch title on March 27, 2011.
The game inherits features from past Madden games. Other than the traditional 11-on-11, the game also features a 5-on-5 mode, returning from Madden NFL 09 All-Play on the Wii. The 5-on-5 mode can also be used in Season Mode. The game also features GameFlow, a feature from Madden NFL 11 where the AI automatically selects the play depending on the game situation. Players also can select whether or not to include GameFlow, or play with an arcade version. Standard versions are also available. From Madden NFL 10, also from the Wii, is Spotlight Moment, where the game goes into slow motion whenever a critical event occurs. Also from the Wii games, players can Call Your Shots, where players press the Y button to call their own routes for the receivers.
The game was poorly received by critics, with IGN giving it a 5.0, saying that poor AI, lack of multiplayer and season mode only counting records, were main factors. However, USA Today praised the addition of GameFlow, Call Your Shots and the circle pad, with the main issue being the 3D effects. The newspaper ultimately gave the game a 3.5 out of 5. GameInformer gave the game a 6, with the same reasons as IGN, as well as the inability to select your own players in 5-on-5 mode. Operation Sports criticized the game's Season mode for its lack of longevity, as players can only play the team's 2010 season, and once the season is over, the players must start a new one, as well as the inability to make trades.
- More info on 3DS game
- Madden NFL arriving for 3DS kickoff - GameSpot.com
- First images of the game
- Madden NFL Football 3DS Hands-On
- Madden NFL Football (3DS) Review - Nintendo Life
- Madden 3DS to Launch This Off-Season | GoMadden
- Madden NFL Football - Nintendo 3DS - GameSpy
- Madden NFL Football 3DS | Nintendo 3DS Games
- First Details Of Madden Football For 3DS Announced - G4tv.com
- Madden NFL Football 3DS Review for 3DS - G4tv
- Madden NFL Football Review - Nintendo 3DS Review at IGN
- Nintendo 3DS game review: 'Madden NFL Football'
- Madden 3DS Review: EA Throws A Hail Mary On First Down - Madden NFL Football - 3DS - www.GameInformer.com
- Madden NFL Football Review (3DS) - Operation Sports