|• Total||6.23 km2 (2.41 sq mi)|
|Elevation||662 m (2,172 ft)|
|• Density||4,246.55/km2 (10,998.5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Maddur is located at  It has an average elevation of 662 metres (2175 ft)..
As of 2001 India census, Maddur had a population of 26,456. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Maddur has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 63%. In Maddur, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Maddur Vada is a type of vada named after the town of Maddur. Maddur is an attractive stop for the travellers for this one reason. Onions and Rava help to give the Maddur vada its distinctive flavor. It seems the flour for this Vada is prepared using onion juice instead of water.
- Kokkarebellur - A well known bird sanctuary.
- Sri UgraNarasimha Swamy Temple - This temple has sannidhis for Sri Ugra Narasimha, Sri Sowmya Nayaki, Sri Narasimha Nayaki, Sri Rama, Sita, Lakshmana and Hanuman, Sri Yashoda Krishna and Sri Srinivasan, and alwars. Mother Yashoda is seen breast feeding Lord Sri Krishna in the sanctum. Lord Brahma is seen held from Lord Sri Krishna's nabhi. In the final days of Mahabharatha Arjuna requested Lord Sri Krishna to give him a darshan of Lord Sri Narasimha. Lord Sri Krishna mentioned that this would not be possible as the Narasimha was a Ugra (angry) avatar. He requested Lord Brahma to craft a stone replica of Ugra Narasimha. This was installed in Maddur temple. In earlier days Maddur was called "Arjunapuri" as Arjuna worshipped in this temple. Later, Kadamba rishi worshipped here using the waters from a nearby river stream. The place was called "Kadambha nadhi kshetram" because of this. This place later became Maddur owing to kings using the place for making bombs for warfare. Maddu meaning gunpowder in Kannada.
- Sri Varadaraja Swamy Temple - This temple was constructed by the King Vishnuvardhan. His mother was blind and Ramanuja requested him to take his mother to Kanchipuram Varadarajaswamy temple for curing her blindness. As she was very old for travel and Sri Varadaraja came in the dream of the king?/Sri Ramanuja? to construct one temple in Maddur itself. The king got sculpture craftsmen from Kanchipuram and created the idol of Sri Varadaraja. After the installation of the idol, a mandala pooja (48 days pooja) was done to the God. On the forty eighth day when the king's mother came to worship to the God her eyesight was restored. And henceforth the God got another name as "Nethra Narayana (ನೇತ್ರ ನಾರಾಯಣ)".
- Nambinayakanahalli- Pattadlama Temple.
- Kolirayanagudda:- The hills are located in exquisite lush natural surroundings, near the village of Thoppanahally(K.Honnalagere grama panchayath), 8km from Maddur. The hills were included in the administration of vijayanagara satraps, before the kingdom was destroyed.
Business and Economy
Maddur has been recently famous for its tender coconut cultivation. Nearly 300 trucks of nuts are daily sent to the other states of India such as Punjab, Maharashtra, Kolkata, Goa, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad. Small towns near Maddur consume more and more tender coconuts daily. Maddur has been recently named as Tender coconut capital of India. It is also famous for Koppa Sugars Sutiated at koppa
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Maddur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Tender Coconut capital of India
- Maddur market gives Coconut growers a fair deal.