Made to Love Magic is a 2004 compilation album of out-takes and remixed tracks by English singer/songwriter Nick Drake. It is notable for featuring a previously unreleased solo acoustic version of "River Man", dating from early 1968, and the song "Tow the Line", a previously unheard song from Drake's final session in July 1974. The compilation reached #27 on the UK Albums Chart.
All songs are written by Nick Drake.
- "Rider on the Wheel"
- "River Man"
- "Thoughts of Mary Jane"
- "Hanging on a Star"
- "Three Hours"
- "Clothes of Sand"
- "Time of No Reply"
- "Black Eyed Dog"
- "Tow the Line"
- Tracks 1, 4, 5, 9 & 12 are stereo remasters from Time of No Reply
- Track 2 is "I Was Made to Love Magic" from Time of No Reply, sped-up, with a posthumously added string arrangement by Robert Kirby
- Tracks 3 and 6 are Cambridge-era dorm demos (Spring 1968)
- Track 7 is a different take than the version originally released on Time of No Reply (July 1974)
- Track 8 is a different take than the version originally released on Five Leaves Left featuring Rebop Kwaku Baah on congas (March 1969)
- Track 10 is a remastered version of "Voice from the Mountain" from Time of No Reply
- Track 11 has a posthumously added string arrangement by Robert Kirby
- Track 13 is possibly the last song Drake ever committed to tape (July 1974)
Nick Drake performs vocals and acoustic guitar on all songs, except where indicated otherwise.