|Born||Madeleine Elizabeth Martin
April 15, 1993
Manhattan, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Notable work(s)||TV dramas
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
Madeleine Elizabeth Martin (born March 15, 1993) is an American actress who played the character Rebecca "Becca" Moody on Showtime comedy-drama Californication. She is a student at the School of American Ballet.
At the age of 7, Martin appeared in the Broadway National Tour of The Sound of Music with Richard Chamberlain. Two years later she portrayed young Cosette in the Broadway National Tour of Les Miserables. She appeared on Broadway in the title role in A Day in the Death of Joe Egg at the age of 10; her acclaimed performance gave her the opportunity to be the youngest presenter in history at the 2003 Tony Awards. The New York Times Arts and Leisure section profiled her when she was 12 years old. She also acted in The Pillowman alongside Jeff Goldblum and Billy Crudup. She acted in A Christmas Carol at Madison Square Gardens. Martin was homeschooled by her parents.
Her first appearance on television came in 2003 on Law & Order, where she played the role of Annie for one episode. Also in 2003, she did the voice acting for the main character JoJo, in the cartoon TV series JoJo's Circus. She was a series regular on Disney's Out of the Box. She was called back in 2004 for another episode ("Sick"), on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, as April. In 2005 she appeared for one episode on another TV series, Hope & Faith, as Ivana Charles.
In 2006 Martin was a voice actress in Ice Age: The Meltdown, where she voiced several roles.
She eventually returned to TV in 2007 to act alongside David Duchovny in the Showtime dramedy Californication. She plays Becca Moody, Duchovny's teenage daughter. Martin also performed several songs in Californication including "Only Women Bleed", "Don't Let Us Get Sick", and "Surrender".
Martin originated the role of "Jean Fordham" on Broadway in the hit play August: Osage County.
She voiced Finn's female-counterpart, Fionna in the Adventure Time episodes "Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake" and "Bad Little Boy". She also appeared in the Criminal Minds season 7 episode "Heathridge Manor".
- Ogle, Connie (2010-09-09). "'Legendary' (PG-13)". miami.com. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Legendary’s Moneyed Professional Wrestler Producers Can't Buy a Story with Strength | FrontRow". Frontrow.dmagazine.com. 2010-09-10. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- Criminal Minds Wednesdays 9/8c (2012-04-03). "The Composers: Heathridge Manor - Criminal Minds". CBS.com. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- Healy, Patrick (August 16, 2012). "Mary McCann Nabs Plum Role in ‘Harper Regan’". The New York Times. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- Madeleine Martin at the Internet Movie Database
- Madeleine Martin at the Internet Broadway Database
- Madeleine Martin at AllMovie