|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Madhira (Telugu: మధిర) is a major city council(Nagara Panchayathi) in Khammam district of Telangana state, India, formerly part of the Kakatiya dynasty. It is well connected by train and bus with cities like Khammam and Vijayawada.
Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka from Indian National Congress was elected as MLA from Madhira constituency in 2009 and 2014 Assembly Elections (Current)and also served as a Chief VIP of the Government of Andhra Pradesh, Deputy Speaker of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Festivals like Shivaratri attract people all around the mandal with its colorful fair. Lord Shiva temple situated near the bank of the Wyra River, Ramalayam temple and Vasavi Kanyaka Parameswari temples are the major attractions. The Lord Shiva temple is known for its architectural similarity with Varanasi having river/water in the front and a grave yard on its right.
The major source of revenue is business(Market Yard, Varthakasangam) and agriculture (Rice, Chilies, Cotton). No other significant developments were made by any ruling Governments in this town like its counterparts Bhadrachalam, Kothagudem and Palwancha after the British Rule except the fly over in the middle of the city.
Madira is located at  It has an average elevation of 38 metres (127 ft)..
Villages in Madira Mandal
27 gramapanchyats and 7 hamlet villages are covered under madira mandal. The number of villages under madira mandal are 34.
Mandals in Madhira Assembly constituency
- Bharath Techno School.
- Tagore High School(EM & TM)
- Little Hearts EM School
- Narayana Best Foundation School
- Saraswathi EM School
- Srujana chaitanya School
- SVR College Of Education (B.Ed).
- Susheela Memorial B.Ed College.
- SVR College Of Education (D.Ed)
- Govt Degree College.
- Seelam Pulla Reddy Memorial Degree College.
- Sreenidhi Degree College
- Susheela Memorial Degree College.
- Modern Degree College.
- Govt Junior College.
- Bharath Junior College.
- Susheela Memorial Junior College.
- SreeNidhi Junior College.
- Modern Junior College.
- Viswakavi Junior College.
- Govt Polytechnic College.
- Nagendhra ITI College
- Sri Kavitha Institute Of Science And Technology
- govt.agricultural polytechnic college
- Sree Kalyana Venkataeswara swamy temple (Varthaka Sangam)
- RCM Church
- Mukarram jahi masjid
- Ayyappa swamy temple
- Sai baba temple
- Krishna's temple
- Muthyalam temple
- Jama masjid
- Abubakar Masjid
- Anjeneya swamy temple
- Sri Padmavathi Sametha Venkateswara Swamy Temple
- Sri Kanyaka Parameswari Devi Temple
- hosanna church
- Sri Laxmi Srinivasa Theatre.
- Shanthi Theater.
- Vasavi Theater
- Hotel Navayuga (A/C) Restaurant&Lodge
- Hotel Shivaji
- Charan Tej Restaurant(AC)
- Krishna Restaurant(Dhaba)
- Hotel Annapurna
- Agricultural Research Institute
Colours Graphics studio
Madhira culture is a mixed culture of Telangana and Coastal Andhra. People of Madhira city are well coordinated with East & West Godavari, Krishna. This city is near to Warangal and Vijayawada.
The major Telugu newspapers in city are Eenadu, Andhra Jyothi, Sakshi, Andhra Bhoomi, Andhra Prabha, Vaartha, Suryaa, Prajasakti and Vishalandra. The major English newspapers in the city are The Hindu, The Times of India, Deccan Chronicle, The Hindu Business Line, The New Indian Express and The Hans India.The major Urdu newspapers Rehenumaye Deccan.Electronic Media include TG Today,HMTV, ETV and ABN Andhra Jyothi.Deccan Tv,Y tv,Prajavani tv,CVR News,Tv9,