|Written by||Lester Lewis|
|Directed by||Paul Hoen|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Bill Borden
|Camera setup||Videotape (filmized);
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Autumn Harvest Productions
It's a Laugh Productions
Disney Channel Original Productions
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Preceded by||High School Musical|
Madison High is an American television pilot and a spin-off of the High School Musical franchise that was in production for the Disney Channel in the United States. Written by Lester Lewis, executive producer of Jonas L.A., and directed by Disney Channel Original Movie director Paul Hoen, director of Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, Madison High began production for the pilot episode in March 2011.
Cast and characters
- Devin Daniels (played by Luke Benward) – a confident, laid-back athletics expert with more intelligence than he lets on. Even though he's masculine and athletic in motocross, he yearns for something more.
- Wednesday Malone (played by G. Hannelius) – an overachiever driven to be an actress. So focused on success, she skipped a grade or two and tries to look older than she actually is.
- Peyton Hall (played by Leah Lewis) – an indie-rock band member at Madison High. She is a fiercely independent, witty socialite and a natural actress unaware of her talent.
- Cherry O'Keefe (played by Katherine McNamara) – a future-chic fashionista who found stardom among her peers by starting an extremely popular high school website. Initially shy, she has morphed into a self-entitled celebrity who will do anything to get what she wants. She's also the villain and is similar to Sharpay Evans.
- Harvey Flynn (played by Mark Indelicato) – a know-it-all perfectionist who is president of the drama club and a stage manager. With his sights on Broadway, Harvey will do anything to get his way.
- Colby Baker (played by Nolan Sotillo) – an eccentric otaku and the cousin of Peyton who sees the world like a comic-book. Obsessed with manga, he is a great artist but shy about his talent.
- Ms. Darbus (played by Alyson Reed) – the drama teacher who gets relocated from East High to Madison High. She occasionally mentions the characters from the High School Musical films.
In November 2010, Disney Channel was casting for a new single-camera comedy Madison High. Disney Channel was looking for triple-threat performers, i.e. who could act, sing and dance. It was announced on February 17, 2011, that a pilot of Madison High was ordered. Alyson Reed, Luke Benward, Leah Lewis and G. Hannelius were in the cast. The pilot featured four original songs, that are written by Kara DioGuardi, Matthew Gerrard, Robbie Nevil, Jamie Houston, David Lawrence, James Dean Hicks, Faye Greenberg and J.D. Salbego. The pilot was written by Lester Lewis and directed by Paul Hoen. Madison High was proposed to launch in January 2012.
- Nellie Andreeva (November 12, 2010). "Disney Channel Preps First Musical Series". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- Disney Channel. "Disney Channel casts pilot for musical comedy "Madison High" (press release)". Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- Cynthia Littleton (February 17, 2011). "Disney sets 'High School Musical' spinoff series". Variety. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- Nellie Andreeva (February 17, 2011). "Disney Channel’s Music-Driven ‘HSM’ Offshoot ‘Madison High’ Gets Pilot Order". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- Lara Martin (February 21, 2011). "Disney casts musical pilot 'Madison High'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-02-12.