Madison Hotel (Atlantic City)
Location within Atlantic County. Inset: Location of Atlantic County within New Jersey.
|Location||123 S. Illinois Avenue, Atlantic City, New Jersey|
|Area||0.3 acres (0.12 ha)|
|Architect||Price & Walton|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival, Georgian Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||84000506|
|Added to NRHP||December 20, 1984|
|Designated NJRHP||November 1, 1984|
The 14-story building opened as a luxury hotel at the beginning of the Great Depression in the United States. It went through bankruptcy in the 1960s and later became part of Sands Atlantic City.
On May 25, 2013, the Madison Hotel was auctioned with a winning bid of $4 million by Eli Hadad, an owner of hotels in Florida and the Dominican Republic. However, the purchase was not completed and the property was again offered for sale. In November 2013, the hotel was purchased by Ratan Hotel Group for $2.5 million.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Atlantic County, New Jersey
- List of tallest buildings in Atlantic City
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Atlantic County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. October 25, 2010. p. 2. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- "Madion Hotel". Emporis. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- Wittkowski, Donald. "Some doubt Madison House hotel will reopen", Press of Atlantic City, February 21, 2010.
- Wittkowski, Donald. "Florida investor buys historic Atlantic City hotel", Press of Atlantic City, May 30, 2013.
- Wittkowski, Donald. "Historic Atlantic City Madison House hotel sells at auction for $4 million", Press of Atlantic City, May 26, 2013.
- Wittkowski, Donald. "Historic Atlantic City hotel Madison House up for sale, again", Press of Atlantic City, October 12, 2013.
- Wittkowski, Donald. "Brighter days ahead for historic Madison House hotel", Press of Atlantic City, February 1, 2014.