September 20, 1980
Loveland, Ohio, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
|No. of adult films||159 and 32 as director (per IAFD)|
Madison Young, born Tina Butcher, is an American pornographic actress, director, published writer, sexual educator and founder of Femina Potens Art Gallery, a nonprofit art gallery and performance space that serves the LGBTQ and Kink communities.:224
Madison Young has been featured for her work in feminist pornography as well as a queer activist by such magazines as Bitch Magazine, Curve Magazine, on the cover of the sex worker activist magazine Spread. In the past three years, Young has been seen on television programs on the Independent Film Channel, the History Channel, MTV’s Logo, and in documentary feature films. MSNBC journalist Brian Alexander devoted a chapter of his 2008 book America Unzipped to her work and art, and French film director Virginie Despentes features Young in her forthcoming documentary, Mutantes.:Contents
Young has been a cover girl and/or feature subject for such popular and diversely oriented magazines as Hustler, Taboo and On Our Backs, and been featured in print and radio internationally. She has received awards for her bondage and suspension work and has been called "an auteur to be reckoned with" by AVN.
Young lives in San Francisco with her domestic partner James Mogul, an adult film director, BDSM educator, and photographer.:228 In January 2009 she walked the red carpet at the AVN Awards with comedienne Margaret Cho. In late 2009, Young was profiled in the HBO series Real Sex. The episode Real Sex 33: Stocks Down, Sex Up followed her through her daily life as an adult model and art gallery director. In 2011 she was one of the protagonists of Too Much Pussy!, a docudrama film directed by Emilie Jouvet that follows the journey through Europe, from Berlin to Malmö, of a group of six entertainers who are all members of the sex-positive movement. The same year she gave birth to her first child. Young uses the term "queer" for her sexual orientation.
- Alexander, Brian (2008). America Unzipped: In Search of Sex and Satisfaction. Crown Publishing Group. ISBN 0-307-35133-5.
- [dead link]
- Pone, Steve (2008-08-27). "Undone". AVN. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Adult Video News Awards At The Palms - Arrivals". LIFE. January 9, 2010. Retrieved September 2, 2010.
- "Restricted Content". HBO Canada. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Sidonie Sigrist (6 June 2011). "Sur la route du queer". Le Figaro. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Judith Silberfeld (16 June 2009). "De Berlin à Malmö en passant par Paris, le Queer X Show d’Emilie Jouvet". Yagg. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Gaël Le Bellego (6 June 2011). "Rencontre : les filles pro-sex de Too Much Pussy". Glamour. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Clark-Flory, Tracy (2011-08-16). "When porn meets real motherhood". Salon. Retrieved 2011-09-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Madison Young.|