|• Total||13,87 km2 (536 sq mi)|
|• Density||14/km2 (37/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-|
Madla municipality was created by a split from Håland in 1930. At that time Madla had a population of 1,091. On 1 January 1965 Madla was incorporated into Stavanger along with the majority of Hetland municipality. Prior to the merger Madla had a population of 6,025.
Although the borders of neighbourhoods do not correspond exactly to the borough borders, Madla roughly consists of the following neighbourhoods (delområder): Madlamark, Hafrsfjord, Kvernevik and Sunde.
Madla has a borough council (bydelsutvalg). The council consists of 11 members, with the following party allegiance:
- 2 from the Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet)
- 1 from the Centre Party (Senterpartiet)
- 1 from the Christian Democratic Party (Kristelig Folkeparti)
- 1 from the Liberal Party (Venstre)
- 3 from the Conservative Party (Høyre)
- 1 from the Pensioners Party (Pensjonistpartiet)
- 2 from the Progress Party (Fremskrittspartiet)
- Dag Jukvam / Statistics Norway (1999). Historisk oversikt over endringer i kommune- og fylkesinndelingen.