|Directed by||David Soren|
|Produced by||Lisa Stewart,
|Written by||David Soren|
|Based on||Characters by
Jada Pinkett Smith
Cedric the Entertainer
Taraji P. Henson
|Music by||Heitor Pereira|
|Edited by||James Ryan|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox Home Entertainment|
Madly Madagascar is a direct-to-DVD Valentine's Day short film starring the characters from the Madagascar film series, and taking place during the second film. Produced by DreamWorks Animation, it was written and directed by David Soren. The special was released on DVD on January 29, 2013. Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer and Jada Pinkett Smith returned to voice the main characters, except for Sacha Baron Cohen, who was replaced by Danny Jacobs.
It was the first DreamWorks Animation DVD release to be distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
Valentine's Day is one of Alex's favorite holidays back in the zoo, he was practically showered with Valentines from numerous admirers, but now that he's in Africa, he's finding that Valentine's Day is not what he was used to.
Taking place near the end of the events of Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, Marty meets an Okapi girl who strikes his fancy, but she's not that interested until Marty finds a love potion (thanks to the penguins + King Julien) and puts it on now she is paying him attention. Unfortunately, so are 99.9% of the females (and males) on the savannah.
At first this is great, but after a while, Marty finds that being irresistible isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's Melman's first Valentine's Day with Gloria, and as such, he's determined to make it a perfect one, even if it means going a bit overboard. It's Gloria's first Valentine's Day with Melman and as such she's quite excited but he seems to be ignoring her. At one point, when Melman is spotted by Gloria, she thinks he is dumping her on Valentine's Day. King Julien finds a bottle of "Love Potion No. 9" and decides to try and sell it to the various animals on the savannah. Skipper's bobble-head doll wife, Lola, has 'run off' with another bobble-head doll.
- Ben Stiller as Alex the Lion
- Chris Rock as Marty the Zebra
- David Schwimmer as Melman the Giraffe
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Gloria the Hippopotamus
- Danny Jacobs as King Julien the Ring-tailed lemur
- Tom McGrath as Skipper the Penguin
- Chris Miller as Kowalski the Penguin
- Christopher Knights as Private the Penguin
- Cedric the Entertainer as Maurice the Aye-aye
- Andy Richter as Mort the Mouse lemur
- Conrad Vernon as Mason the Chimpanzee, Phil is unvoiced
- Taraji P. Henson as Okapi
- Phil LaMarr as Tour Guide
- Andrea Montana Knoll as Lioness, Hippo, Female Elephant
- Lisa Stewart as Lioness #2, Female Ostrich
- Brian Hopkins as Elephant
- James Ryan as Pilot, Dik Dik, Dik Dik #2
- David Soren as Elephant #2, Co-Pilot, Ostrich, Hippo #2
- Susan Fitzer as Crowd Lioness
- "Madly Madagascar (2013)". Amazon. Retrieved December 16, 2012.