Madness, Money & Music
|Madness, Money & Music|
|Studio album by Sheena Easton|
|Genre||Pop, Rock, Adult Contemporary|
|Label||EMI / EMI America|
|Sheena Easton chronology|
Madness, Money & Music is the fourth album by singer Sheena Easton. It was released in 1982 and produced by Christopher Neil. This Adult Contemporary ballad-led album includes the hits, "I Wouldn't Beg for Water" (US #64) and "Machinery" (US #57, UK #38), as well as the UK single "Are You Man Enough". Significantly however, the album featured an early recording of the song "Wind Beneath My Wings", which would later be covered by Bette Midler in 1988 and many other artists after. The album was one of Easton's lower-charting efforts, only hitting US #85 and UK #44, but was hugely successful in Scandinavia, and the album sold Gold in Canada. Easton promoted the album by way of a half-hour special produced for British television and syndicated worldwide, during which she performed a number of songs from the album and embarked on her first world tour. Since its initial release the album has become a fan favorite.
A CD reissue in 2000 added the bonus tracks and b-sides from One Way Records.
On February 23, 2013, Edsel Records (UK) reissued Easton's "You Could Have Been with Me" & "Madness, Money and Music" in two compact disc packages remastered with bonus tracks.
UK Track listing
- "Weekend in Paris" (Sue Quinn) 4.10
- "Are You Man Enough" (Billy Livsey, Graham Lyle) 3.28
- "I Wouldn't Beg for Water" (Michael Leeson, Peter Vale) 4.16
- "Machinery" (Julia Downes) 3.01
- "Ice Out in the Rain" (Michael Leeson, Peter Vale) 4.46
- "I Don't Need Your Word" (Michael Leeson, Peter Vale) 3.22
- "Madness Money and Music" (Barry Black, Brian Chatton) 3.54
- "There When I Needed You" (John Lewis Parker, Steve Kipner) 3.01
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" (Larry Henley, Jeff Silbar) 4.04
- "You Do It" (Deborah Allen, Eddie Struzick) 3.41
- "In the Winter" (Janis Ian) 3.10
- "Please Don't Sympathise" (Steve Thompson) 3.33
US Track listing
- "Weekend in Paris"
- "I Wouldn't Beg for Water"
- "Are You Man Enough"
- "Ice Out in the Rain"
- "Madness Money and Music"
- "Wind Beneath My Wings"
- "There When I Needed You"
- "In the Winter"
- "You Do It"
CD Bonus tracks:
- "Some of Us Will" 3.33
- "Loner" (Peter Vale) 2.38
- "So We Say Goodbye" 2.08
- Sheena Easton - vocals
- Micky Moody, Phil Palmer - guitar
- Mo Foster - bass
- Bias Boshell - keyboards
- Ian Lynn - synthesizer
- Peter Van Hooke - drums
- Frank Ricotti - percussion
- Chris Hunter, Guy Barker, Tony Hall - brass
- Alan Carvell, Chris Neil, John Kirby - background vocals