Maejor in 2013
|Birth name||Brandon Green|
|Also known as||Bei Maejor and Maejor Ali|
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||R&B, Pop Music, Urban Pop|
|Occupations||Record producer, songwriter, actor, recording artist|
|Labels||Universal, Island Def Jam, Sony Jive Records|
Brandon Green, better known by his stage name Maejor, formerly Bei Maejor and later Maejor Ali, is an American music producer, songwriter and recording artist from the Detroit, Michigan area. Maejor has written and produced songs for several artists, such as Trey Songz, Justin Bieber, Austin Mahone, Tinie Tempah, Keri Hilson, LeToya Luckett, Ciara, Sean Kingston, Cody Simpson, Lloyd, Chrisette Michelle, T-Pain, New Boyz, Ne-Yo, Wiz Khalifa, Bun B, Monica, Ginuwine, Plies, Tiësto, Three 6 Mafia, Iggy Azalea, and Kid Ink. As well as producing music for national campaigns including Pepsi and the Boston Celtics, Maejor has also scored film soundtracks for Bratz: The Movie in 2007, The Princess and the Frog in 2009 and Think Like a Man in 2012. He received his first Gold Plaque for production on Bun B's Trill, in 2005, while still in college at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He has also been nominated for Grammy Awards, for his work on Trey Songz's album in 2010 and Monica's album in 2011.
Life and career
Maejor graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 2008. Immediately after graduation he moved to Atlanta and joined Ne-Yo's production team. He released his first mixtape Upside Down, on August 4, 2010, which featured Keri Hilson, Trey Songz, Drake and T-Pain. He produced and is featured on the official remix for Ciara's "Ride" with André 3000 and Ludacris. He was also featured on American rapper Plies' single "She Got It Made". Maejor's single "Lights Down Low" was used as the official soundtrack in the NBA Playoffs for the Boston Celtics. He produced the national campaign commercial for Pepsi in 2010 and 2013.
In 2012, Maejor produced two songs on Justin Bieber's Believe album and the single "Say Somethin" by Austin Mahone and in 2013 co-produced Heartbreaker by Justin Bieber. In 2013, Maejor released a single titled "Lolly" featuring Justin Bieber and Juicy J. It has over 90 million views on YouTube. His latest release as a recording artist in July 2014 is Me and My Team, featuring Trey Songz and Kid Ink
|2007||Bratz: The Movie||"It's My Party"|
|2009||The Princess and the Frog||"Never Knew I Needed"|
|2012||Think Like a Man||"Need a Reason".
Also featured as a singer.
- Jersey Shore (2011)
- "The Tequila Song" aired in the season finale on March 24, 2011. Written and sung by Janine the Machine.
- 2013: "Lolly"
- 2012: "Pillz"
- 2012: "Lights Down Low"
- 2012: "Mesmerized"
- 2012: "The Truth"
- 2011: "Trouble" (feat. J.Cole)
- 2011: "Still Ballin"
- 2011: "Hit Me Up Angel"
- 2011: "Sing a Lil Song"
- 2011: "The Lala Song"
- 2011: "Upside Down" (feat. Jack Johnson)
- 2011: "Abduction"
- 2011: "Upside Down" (Ninja Bonus Track)
- 2011: "Impressed"
- 2011: "Racks" (Piano Remix)
- 2011: "I'm On One" (Piano Remix)
- 2011: "Bout That Life"
- 2011: "It's On U"
- 2011: "Swim Well"
- 2010: "She Was (A Broken Love Story)"
- 2010: "July"
- 2010: "Lemme Get That Freestyle"
- 2010: "Facelifts & Waterfalls"
- Anthony Baber (February 23, 2006). "Beat Maejor". Michigan Daily. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "Bei Maejor‘s "Lights Down Low" is the official NBA soundtrack for the Boston Celtics and their BIG Campaign.".
- "Bratz: The Movie".
- "Randy Newman – The Princess And The Frog (An Original Walt Disney Records Soundtrack) (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- "Keri Hilson, Kelly Rowland Join ‘Think Like a Man’ Soundtrack". http://www.rap-up.com.
- Official website
- Maejor on Twitter
- "Beat Maejor" – The Michigan Daily
- "A Maejor Star is Born" – The Michigan Daily
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|