Maejor in 2013
|Birth name||Brandon Green|
|Also known as||Bei Maejor, Maejor Ali|
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||R&B, pop, hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, singer-songwriter|
|Labels||Universal, Island Def Jam, Sony Jive Records|
|Associated acts||Chef Tone, Justin Bieber, Trey Songz|
Brandon Green, better known by his stage name Maejor (formerly Bei Maejor and later Maejor Ali), is an American music producer, songwriter and recording artist from Detroit, Michigan. Maejor has written and produced songs for several prominent artists, including Trey Songz, Justin Bieber, Tinie Tempah, Keri Hilson, LeToya Luckett, Ciara, Chrisette Michelle, T-Pain, Ne-Yo, Wiz Khalifa, Tiësto, Three 6 Mafia and Iggy Azalea, among others. As well as producing music for national campaigns including Pepsi and the Boston Celtics, Maejor has also scored film soundtracks for Bratz: The Movie (2007), The Princess and the Frog (2009) and Think Like a Man (2012). He received his first gold plaque for production on Bun B's 2005 album Trill, while still attending the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Life and career
Maejor graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 2008. Immediately after graduation he moved to Atlanta and joined Ne-Yo's production team. He released his first mixtape Upside Down, on August 4, 2010, which featured Keri Hilson, Trey Songz, Drake and T-Pain. He produced and is featured on the official remix for Ciara's "Ride" with André 3000 and Ludacris. He was also featured on American rapper Plies' single "She Got It Made". Maejor's single "Lights Down Low" was used as the official soundtrack in the NBA Playoffs for the Boston Celtics. He produced the national campaign commercial for Pepsi in 2010 and 2013.
In 2010, Maejor was nominated for a Grammy Award, for his work on Trey Songz's album Passion, Pain & Pleasure, and again in 2011, for Monica's album, Still Standing. In 2012, Maejor produced two songs on Justin Bieber's album, Believe and the single "Say Somethin" by Austin Mahone and in 2013 co-produced Heartbreaker by Justin Bieber. In 2013, Maejor released a single titled "Lolly", featuring Justin Bieber and Juicy J. It has over 100 million views on YouTube. His latest release as a recording artist in July 2014 is Me and My Team, featuring Trey Songz and Kid Ink
|2007||Bratz: The Movie||"It's My Party"|
|2009||The Princess and the Frog||"Never Knew I Needed"|
|2012||Think Like a Man||"Need a Reason".
Also featured as a singer.
- Jersey Shore (2011)
- "The Tequila Song" aired in the season finale on March 24, 2011. Written and sung by Janine the Machine.
- 2014: "Me and My Team"
- 2013: "We Can't Stop"
- 2013: "Lolly"
- 2012: "Pillz"
- 2012: "Lights Down Low"
- 2012: "Mesmerized"
- 2012: "The Truth"
- 2011: "Trouble" (feat. J.Cole)
- 2011: "Still Ballin"
- 2011: "Hit Me Up Angel"
- 2011: "Sing a Lil Song"
- 2011: "The Lala Song"
- 2011: "Upside Down" (feat. Jack Johnson)
- 2011: "Abduction"
- 2011: "Upside Down"
- 2011: "Impressed"
- 2011: "Racks" (Piano Remix)
- 2011: "I'm On One" (Piano Remix)
- 2011: "Bout That Life"
- 2011: "It's On U"
- 2011: "Swim Well"
- 2010: "She Was (A Broken Love Story)"
- 2010: "July"
- 2010: "Lemme Get That Freestyle"
- 2010: "Facelifts & Waterfalls"
- Anthony Baber (February 23, 2006). "Beat Maejor". Michigan Daily. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "Bei Maejor‘s "Lights Down Low" is the official NBA soundtrack for the Boston Celtics and their BIG Campaign.".
- "Bratz: The Movie".
- "Randy Newman – The Princess And The Frog (An Original Walt Disney Records Soundtrack) (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- "Keri Hilson, Kelly Rowland Join ‘Think Like a Man’ Soundtrack". http://www.rap-up.com.
- Official website
- Maejor at AllMusic
- Maejor discography at Discogs
- Maejor on Twitter
- "Beat Maejor" – The Michigan Daily
- "A Maejor Star is Born" – The Michigan Daily
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|