From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maelimarchair is one of the few recorded Bishops of Aughrim, which was situated in western Uí Maine. Nothing appears to be known of his origins or life. His term seems to have coincided with that of king Cathal Maenmaighe, who died in 745.
|Bishop or Abbot of Aughrim
Rechtabhra mac Dubbchomar?
- Annals of Ulster at CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts at University College Cork
- Annals of Tigernach at CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts at University College Cork
- Revised edition of McCarthy's synchronisms at Trinity College Dublin.
- Byrne, Francis John (2001), Irish Kings and High-Kings, Dublin: Four Courts Press, ISBN 978-1-85182-196-9
- Lysaght, Eamonn (1978), The Surnames of Ireland. ISBN 0-7165-2278-0, pp.233-34.
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|