From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maera can refer to:
Mythology and religion
- The name Maera or Maira is used by several beings in Greek mythology:
- Maera (hound), hound of Icarius, was turned into the dog star
- Maera, daughter of Proetus the son of Thersander, mother of Locrus by Zeus
- Maera, daughter of Atlas, wife of Tegeates
- Maera, one of the Nereids, daughters of Nereus and Doris
- Maera, one of the four daughters of the river god Erasinus, along with Anchirhoe, Byze and Melite. They are associated with Britomartis.
- Maera or Mæra, an alternative name for Mara, a demon in Buddhist teachings.
- Lasiommata maera is a species of butterfly of the family Nymphalidae, also known as the Maera or Large Wall Brown
- Maera (crustacean) is a genus of amphipod crustaceans
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Maera.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.