|Key people||Soren Skou (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$25.82 billion (2011)|
|Owner(s)||A.P. Moller-Maersk Group.|
Maersk Line is the global container division and the largest operating unit of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, a Danish business conglomerate. It is considered the largest container shipping company in the world by revenue and employs approximately 25,000 people. Maersk Line operates over 600 vessels and has a capacity of 2.6 million TEU (Twenty-foot Equivalent Units). The company was founded in 1928.
As of July 2011 Maersk Line fleet comprises more than 600 vessels and a number of containers corresponding to more than 3.8 million TEU (Twenty-foot equivalent unit)
Seven other sister ships have since been built, and in 2011, Maersk ordered 20 even larger container ships from Daewoo, the Triple E class, each with a capacity of 18,000 containers. The first of these Triple E Class ships was delivered on June 14, 2013 and was christened with the name Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller after the founder of the Maersk Line.
The management board, led by Søren Skou, is responsible for the daily management, and the members are (as of February 2012):
- Søren Skou, Chief Executive Officer
- Stephen Richard Schueler, Chief Commercial Officer
- Morten Engelstoft, Chief Operating Officer
- Jakob Stausholm, Chief Strategy, Finance & Transformation Officer
- Vincent Clerc, Chief Trade & Marketing Officer
- Michael Chivers, Head of Human Resources
- "Alphaliner – Top 100 Operated Fleets As Per 25 September 2012". Alphaliner. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- Flemming, Emily Hansen (September 25, 2012). "Maersk To Cut Capacity and Raise Rates". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- "Company Facts and Information". Maersk Line. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- "About Us - Milestones". Maersk Line. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- Maersk Line Facts on www.maerskline.com
- "Maersk Line". maerskline.com. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- Maersk and the Navy Join Hands for Biofuels Testing
- Geiver, Luke.  BioRefining Magazine, 21 November 2011. Accessed: 13 December 2011.
- Bloomberg: "Danske Bank Names Chairman Kolding CEO"
- Management on www.maerskline.com