||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
Providence, Rhode Island
Maggie Han (born 1959) is an American actress who has appeared in numerous films and television productions. Her career began with modeling jobs in the United States and France, and progressed to acting in a broad range of roles. Among other roles, Han played Yoshiko Kawashima in the movie The Last Emperor. She is also known for playing Cheryl the lawyer in the NBC sitcom Seinfeld.
Maggie Han was born in Providence, Rhode Island. Her parents were retired music professors who immigrated to the United States from South Korea. At the age of 16, Han enrolled at Harvard University. Upon the suggestion of a stranger, she contacted a local modeling agency and began working part-time. When she was offered more jobs than she could handle, Han decided to pursue modeling as a full-time career.
Partway into her sophomore year, Han went to Paris and modeled for six years. When she returned to America, she went back to Harvard to finish her studies. While there, she became an award-winning reporter for the Harvard Crimson newspaper. During this time she got a deal to do part-time modeling for the pantyhose company L’eggs, and appeared in several commercials for them.
In 1985 Han received an offer to audition for the television mini-series Space and made her acting debut in that series. Han then moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. She has since appeared in a number of films and television productions.
- Open Season - Character: Cary Sain - 1995
- Junior - Character: Lab Assistant - 1994
- Crazy People - Character: Connie Vega-Margolis - 1990
- Murder in Paradise - Character: Diane Mahona - 1990
- The Last Emperor - Character: Yoshiko Kawashima - 1987
- Murder, She Wrote - Character: "Nobu Hitaki" - 1995-1996
- Diagnosis Murder - Character: "Sunshine" - 1993-1994
- Black Tie Affair - Character: "Cookie" (regular) - 1993
- Seinfeld - Character: Cheryl - Episode: The Visa - Broadcast date: January 27, 1993
- Teech - Character: "Cassie Lee" - 1991
- Dark Avenger - Character: "Rae Wong" - 1990
- Murder in Paradise - Character: "Dr Diane Mahona" - 1990
- Murphy's Law - Character: "Kimiko Fannuchi" - 1988
- LA Law - 1986
- James A. Michener's "Space" - Character: "Cindy Rhee" - 1985
- Biography primarily from Chicago Sun Times interview by journalist Jae-Ha Kim, 1/8/1988 
- http://www.jwwriter.com/ws_maggiehan/, photos
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMYh25k3U_U, believed to be Han in a Legg's commercial